IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Copernicia prunifera 5g

Joe palma

Have a bunch of these Carnauba wax palms and they are not as slow as you would think. 5g for $30

I'll post some pics of the one I have had in the ground for years. Never had an issue with it. Easy grow.

-Joe

760-300-7339

DSC02917.JPG

Joe Dombrowski

Discovery Island Palms Nursery

San Marcos, CA

"grow my little palm tree, grow!"

Joe, 

I bought a liner of this from you a few years back.  Might have been C. alba.  Nice plant.

Anyways, I planted this in a pot, in solid, unamended clay.  It has thrived, retaining all it's bright blue leaves.  It never dries out.

Steve,

I have had both but mostly prunifera. These palms aren't phased by anything in my yard or nursery and they always look good.
My soil is composed of a good amount of clay and the one I planted out doesn't mind at all. I'll take a pic....when I remember :wacko:

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Joe Dombrowski

San Marcos, CA

How do those turn blue?

Paradise Hills, 4 miles inland, south facing slope in the back, north facing yard in the front

Meant to say do they turn blue?

Paradise Hills, 4 miles inland, south facing slope in the back, north facing yard in the front

The one I have in the ground is blue. I don't recall if it was green when it was small.
To be honest, I am not sure if there is a green or blue form of this palm. I will look into that Pete.

Joe Dombrowski

San Marcos, CA

Thanks Joe. The reason I ask is I remember seeing the one you have in the ground a couple years ago and being so impressed with it. It's very blue!