Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Sight I Love

3 posts in this topic

I know, washies are easily germinated, but I love when I see that first little blade emerging for all of my seeds. Why not share the moment. 

1484156820166-124013272.jpg

Edited by PalmTreeDude

Glad that little sprout brings you joy. I think many can agree with your enthusiasm no matter what the species. It sure is a cute li'l pup.

The birth of life! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Trashy Spear Fully Pulled
      By PalmTreeDude
      Well... My Trachy spear pulled from the worst cold snap we have had here, the funny thing is my Butias, Mediterranean Fan Palm, and of course my Needle Palm are all thriving right now. I put most protection on the trachy and it is having the problem. The inner spear pulled but some fronds on the outside are green. Will it survive or is it likely dead?
    • Trashy Spear Fully Pulled
      By PalmTreeDude
      Well... My Trachy spear pulled from the worst cold snap we have had here, the funny thing is my Butias, Mediterranean Fan Palm, and of course my Needle Palm are all thriving right now. I put most protection on the trachy and it is having the problem. The inner spear pulled but some fronds on the outside are green. Will it survive or is it likely dead?
    • Best Universal Palm Fertilizer?
      By PalmTreeDude
      What do you think is the best universal palm fertilizer? I have two Pindo Palms, 1 Mediterranean Fan Palm, one Needle Palm, one Windmill Palm, and soon some Sabal minor. Does anyone know of a palm fertilizer that will affect each one of these palms in a positive way? At the time I can not afford separate fertilizers for each palm species. Thank you for any help! If I can order it, can you please include the link to it as well? 
    • Washingtonia robusta overwintering
      By David_K
      Hello, i live in Europe, in Czech Republic. My place is in zone 7a/b, this year was a bad winter with low of -12°C (for y'all imperialists 10°F), usually about - 8°C (17°F). My idea is to make a box from polycarbonate, cover the ground inside the box with styrofoam, roll the tree into some light wraps and then with heating cable (64W 4m, y'all imperialists 13ft). Is this possible or does anyone have a better idea how to protect the palm? I can get a lot of materials for free. I planted the tree this week, its like 60-80 cm high.
    • New Arrivals
      By kinzyjr
      Got 10 washingtonia robusta as a "free gift".  After 2 weeks, every single one germinated.  I ordered some phoenix theophrasti seeds from another vendor.  What arrived looked more like dactylifera, with the elongated seeds ~2cm with pointy edges.  I decided to keep them and get theophrasti seed from another source.  So far, 5 of them have germinated and are sending up their first leaf.  I picked a few sabal minor seeds from a blue plant at a botanical garden, and one of the seeds has just broke the ground.  Enjoy!