Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Sight I Love

3 posts in this topic

I know, washies are easily germinated, but I love when I see that first little blade emerging for all of my seeds. Why not share the moment. 

1484156820166-124013272.jpg

Edited by PalmTreeDude

Glad that little sprout brings you joy. I think many can agree with your enthusiasm no matter what the species. It sure is a cute li'l pup.

The birth of life! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• How Many People Soak Their Seeds In Water With Some Hydrogen Peroxide?
      By PalmTreeDude
      How many people soak their seeds with a small amount of Hydrogen Peroxide in water? I never did it before so I am just now trying, but what do you soak your seeds In? The picture below are some date palm seeds, I soaked them the first day with just water, and for a few hours today they will be soaking with water and a tiny bit of hydrogen peroxide. 

• What Palm Is This? (Seen In Video)
      By PalmTreeDude
      I was watching a video of a family that went to Palmetto State Park, Texas, and at the start of the video it shows them driving down the road at the park, and at the time 0:30 you can see a large Sabal palm off to the left side. I am really bad with Texas palms. Do you think it is a Sabal mexicana? Video link https://youtu.be/W4arW3KJUic

• Well, Make Sure Your Palms Have Good Airflow...
      By PalmTreeDude
      I was unwrapping my Washingtonia robusta and saw that there was definitely green, then once the burlap came off I see this... You can literally see where it goes from cold burn, to healthy, to rot. The spear is still intact, so off to get Hydrogen Peroxide I go.

• Native Palms In Snow?
      By PalmTreeDude
      With all the snow in the Southeast, has anyone seen or taken pictures of native stands of palms in snow? I am sure there are tons of Sabal minor covered in snow in both Carolinas and stands of Sabal palmetto covered in snow in South Carolina and Georgia, also Bald Head Island, N.C. 
    • Mexican Fan Palm Protection In Virginia
      By PalmTreeDude
      So my Mexican Fan Palm finally got beat up when we hit 19 degrees F one night last week. So it is time to start protecting it. I put a heating cable around it today (Low is 25 degrees F tonight, a tempature it has been through before and stayed 100% green.) and will finish the protection tomorrow. I need to buy some burlap to keep the heat in. I will likely cut all of the fronds except the center spear off when I wrap it. No other palms of mine are being protected at the time and have no damage.