Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Sight I Love

3 posts in this topic

I know, washies are easily germinated, but I love when I see that first little blade emerging for all of my seeds. Why not share the moment. 

1484156820166-124013272.jpg

Edited by PalmTreeDude

Glad that little sprout brings you joy. I think many can agree with your enthusiasm no matter what the species. It sure is a cute li'l pup.

The birth of life! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Do I Buy S. Minor 'McCurtian' or a "Normal" S. Minor?
      By PalmTreeDude
      I was originally planning on ordering some Sabal minor 'McCurtian' to plant here soon, but, I have read that Sabal minor 'McCurtian'defoliate quicker than other Sabal minor ecotypes. I am on the boarder of zone 7a/7b in Virginia, so wouldn't any Sabal minor be "bulletproof" here? 
    • Sabal minor At Their Range Limits?
      By PalmTreeDude
      Anyone have any pictures of native Sabal minor at just about their fattest northern ranges? I want to see more Sabal minors at their limits, inspired by this awesome thread: http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/52756-sabal-minor-in-habitat-mccurtain-county-ok/
    • Starting Some More Seeds
      By PalmTreeDude
      I am starting some seeds, I am finally using a peat moss and perlite mix. I am going to try and germinate Sabal palmetto (old seed) and Medjool Date Palms. They are not as wet as they look, the soild is just damp, but the heat from my heat mat makes it look like there is too much water. 

• Seed Germination Question
      By PalmTreeDude
      Hello, I have a question. So, I normally use just plain old dirt to germinate seeds, but now I want to use some peat moss. BUT, I do not have any perlite. I never used perlite before in germinating palms and they still seem to germinate fine, but I heard a peat moss and perlite mix is great for germinating seed. Could I just use the peat moss? Will it still work about the same? Here is what I am wanting to just use. The reason I ask this is because I won't be able to get any perlite for awhile.

• Full and Full(er) Head VA Beach Sabals
      By PalmTreeDude
      I was back at VA Beach and I had to snap a few pictures of some full headed Sabals. It killed me to see so many palms wrapped in plastic (the fronds were not even burned) while the ones that were not looked amazing. Here are only a few of the nice looking ones I saw.