Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Sight I Love

3 posts in this topic

I know, washies are easily germinated, but I love when I see that first little blade emerging for all of my seeds. Why not share the moment. 

1484156820166-124013272.jpg

Edited by PalmTreeDude

Glad that little sprout brings you joy. I think many can agree with your enthusiasm no matter what the species. It sure is a cute li'l pup.

The birth of life! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Why Are Sabal palmetto "Not Native" To the Myrtle Beach Area?
      By PalmTreeDude
      Why are Sabal palmetto not shown as native to the Myrtle Beach area? Is it because there isn't that many wetlands there like in the southern coastal portion of SC? But you would still think that they would hug the coast line tightly. I have been to the area many times and I remember seeing them out in the woods by a swamp (one of the moments that sparked my palm interest) but I don't know if they were naturalized or not, but it was by a gas station, not hotels or anything like that. What is up with this?

• Frost protection
      By kboo
      Hey guys do you think this will be useful to protect against frost damage on the trunk?
    • Phoenix dactylifera Hardiness?
      By PalmTreeDude
      I heard that Phoenix dactylifera is hardy to zone 8b, is this true? For example, in this picture of the S.C. USDA zones would it do fine in all of the highlighted zone 8b areas? 

• Anyone Growing Acoelorraphe wrightii?
      By PalmTreeDude
      Is anyone growing any Acoelorraphe wrightii? If so how cold hardy is it, I am assuming 9b or a warmer 9a? Pictures? Habitat picture? 
    • Mold On Germinating Date Palm Seeds!
      By PalmTreeDude
      There is mold growing on my date palm seeds! Even after making sure they were not wet and getting off of the sugary date stuff off they still grew mold... of course... I noticed this last week and was just going to trash them. But even with the mold they are starting to germinate! What do I do? I thought the mold killed them? Or not? SOS! This is a really sticky situation.