Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Sight I Love

3 posts in this topic

I know, washies are easily germinated, but I love when I see that first little blade emerging for all of my seeds. Why not share the moment. 

1484156820166-124013272.jpg

Edited by PalmTreeDude

Glad that little sprout brings you joy. I think many can agree with your enthusiasm no matter what the species. It sure is a cute li'l pup.

The birth of life! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Virginia Washingtonia Robusta Getting Bigger!
      By PalmTreeDude
      My Washingtonian robusta is starting to get a fatter base and the fronds are just now starting to pump out. Growing season does not end until early November so it still has some time to get bigger. I guess now it is rooted in good, next year  or two it should be established around this time.

• Washingtonia robusta or filifera or Mediterranean fan
      By Rightstuff15
      I'm fairly new to palm growing in the midwest.  I'm going to ask a stupid question.  Is this a Washingtonia robusta or filifera? Or could it be a Mediterranean fan palm?

• SABAL PALMETTO SEEDLINGS POPPING UP IN VA!!!!
      By PalmTreeDude
      Last year a took a whole bug infested seed stalk of Sabal palmetto seeds from a rest stop in North Carolina last summer and flung them around my planter, after about 2 months of nothing happening, I lost hope. Then winter came and went, and it is now next summer, I went to Hilton Head Island SC, and saw all of their palms, haha. I came home, and took a look at the planter, and BOOM! THEY ARE SPROUTING! The seeds made it through the winter and are SPROUTING! They are all over the garden! Now I just need to see what happens in winter. 

• What Is This on Washingtonia?
      By PalmTreeDude
      What is this brown streak across the frond of my Washingtonia robusta? Is it just a dead part of the frond from it being dry?