Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain (April 2015)

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I went to Gran Canaria back in April 2015, and I took a few pictures of palm trees with my bad-quality smartphone. ^_^ Here are some of my photos (plus a bonus landscape picture):

I'm not sure of the palm species in picture number 5 (the palm in the central part of the photo), anyone could help me please?

5873019cb197e_GranCanariaSpain(April2015

587301a303990_GranCanariaSpain(April2015

587301acbe529_GranCanariaSpain(April2015

587301b22edb7_GranCanariaSpain(April2015

587301b88f1bf_GranCanariaSpain(April2015

587302c5567ff_GranCanariaSpain(April2015

587301c5a86d4_GranCanariaSpain(April2015

Edited by DG57
one photo had been reversed by mistake

Nice photo's.

I think the palm on the fifth photo is a Roystonea regia.

Ok, yes, Roystonea regia it is, then. Thanks!

Awesome photos! :greenthumb:

Edited by PalmTreeDude

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• What Coconut Variety are These?
      By PalmTreeDude
      A relative brought me a sprouted coconut from Fort Lauderdale and he told me he got it from these palms, what variety are they? 
      https://www.google.com/maps/@26.1192579,-80.2350347,3a,38.9y,305.17h,95.56t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1srqp5Eq34ANJIDeldbSl1nQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
    • What Is The Absolute Hardiest Coconut Variety?
      By PalmTreeDude
      What is the Hardiest variety of coconut? About what tempatures can it take?
    • Alcázar of Seville, Spain
      By Hillizard
      Now that the Dorne storyline is (presumably) over, I'll miss those great views of the palms in the water gardens of the 10th-century Alcázar Palace in Seville, Spain. It was used in HBO's Game of Thrones for the rulers of the House Martell. 

• Coconuts In The Desert?
      By PalmTreeDude
      Is anyone in a desert region growing coconuts? If so how well do they do and do you have any pictures?
    • Rapha Farnifera in mainland Spain?
      By Dondequiera Jeff
      As near as I can tell from looking at my palm books and on the internet, this palm is a Raphia farnifera. It is growing in Parque de la Paloma in Benalmádena, Málaga, Spain. I was surprised to see it as I assumed it was too tropical to grow in this area. Although it is a 10A area, it is cool for several months in the winter, with average daily highs only about 62ºF or about 16.5ºC. I have never seen another palm of this type in Andalucía. By the way, a few weeks ago we had temperatures down to about 2ºC but this palm seems completely unaffected. Can someone confirm that it is actually a Raphia farnifera? If not, any idea what it is?