Corona ca Coconut

92 posts in this topic

Any updates on this marvelous Corona coco?

I will stop by there tomorrow and have a look try to get some better pictures as well

On Tue Dec 06 2016 08:01:41 GMT-0800, rprimbs said:

I have a hunch about why people succeed -- and we don't.

They buy a little coconut palm at Home Depot as a houseplant.  They water it and even fertilize it.  And they keep it in the house most of the year, occasionally moving it outdoors in better weather.  Eventually it gets too big to be kept as a houseplant, so they plant it outdoors.  And it lives!

We on the other hand don't have that level of patience.  We plant our coconut palm outdoors long before it is too big to be kept as a houseplant.  And we watch it slowly die.....

:floor::)IMG_20150618_1843.thumb.jpg.c751ec34056f

Me thinks so tooo! It seems the bigger they are, the better chance they have at handling a California winter.

:floor::)IMG_20150618_1843.thumb.jpg.c751ec34056fWhat's the deal!:rant:

Why does it keep loading this pic of the stump!!! There's a major glitch in the PalmTalk matrix...:crying:

mprGA.gif

19 hours ago, JubaeaMan138 said:

I will stop by there tomorrow and have a look try to get some better pictures as well

Damn, incredible!!! It looks so healthy and green! 

On 1/6/2017, 7:28:30, JubaeaMan138 said:

Any updates?

:o

On 06 December 2016, awkonradi said:

If this palm owner wraps his Cocos in Christmas lights, then I think he may be more knowledgeable than estimated.

I don't think simply wrapping Christmas lights around the palm at Christmas means they are more knowledgeable, they also wrapped them around the Queen palm. This was simply for festive decoration rather than for any extra heat benefit, which probably wouldn't exist anyway as many modern lights are LED or are low wattage, if the lights did give out any heat then they would need to be covered with some sort of protective covering to keep that heat in...

9 hours ago, SouthSeaNate said:

I don't think simply wrapping Christmas lights around the palm at Christmas means they are more knowledgeable, they also wrapped them around the Queen palm. This was simply for festive decoration rather than for any extra heat benefit, which probably wouldn't exist anyway as many modern lights are LED or are low wattage, if the lights did give out any heat then they would need to be covered with some sort of protective covering to keep that heat in...

So you think the Corona coco has been growing care-free under the best possible scenario and circumstances in Cali.

I could see the possibility in that, but what are the odds?

9 hours ago, GottmitAlex said:

So you think the Corona coco has been growing care-free under the best possible scenario and circumstances in Cali.

22.6 million people live in California, so the odds don't have to be good.

1 hour ago, Zeeth said:

22.6 million people live in California, so the odds don't have to be good.

Southern California*

19 hours ago, GottmitAlex said:

And what are the odds that Christmas lights put on the Coconut, at Christmas, were for anything other than Christmas decoration? Especially as it was mentioned that the Syagrus also had Christmas lights on it...

I have no idea if they have ever given any sort of protection or care to that Coconut, but I would say that the Christmas lights are proof only that the house does not belong to a Jehova's Witness :D