• Announcements

• PRIVATE MESSAGING - IMPORTANT NOTICE   01/02/2017

There has been some confusion regarding the Messaging System on PalmTalk - and what is private and what is posted publicly. I've been asked to explain the two. There are two forms of messages - what I will call "Private Messages" which are Private, and "Activity Messages" which are public. A Private Message is designated with an envelope icon. It is available at the top of every page (click it and use "Compose New"). It is also accessible by hovering over a User's name or Avatar and clicking the envelope icon. Or it is also available on a User's Profile Page - at the top - again, with the envelope icon. Anywhere you see this envelope icon, you can click it and send a Private Message. An "Activity Message" is public. These are the "What's on your Mind" and "Leave a Message on [User X's] Feed" boxes where you can leave a public message directly as a Status Update (on your Profile or Main PT Page) or on a User's Profile Page - which updates his Status Update and also posts on PT's Main Status Update Page. These are "Activities" and labeled as such on the Profile Pages.  What is confusing is that both options (Private and Activity) are available on a User's Profile Page.  Just remember, that if you want to send a Private Message, use the envelope icon link - wherever you see it. That will get you to the Private Messaging Center. Any other "Status Update," like "What's on your Mind," or "Leave a Message on [so-and-so's] Feed," is public. I would make it less confusing if I could, but I can't.

My Nano-Greenhouse

13 posts in this topic

Only when a seedling has problems with its roots (as in this case with a L itapebiense seedling without a real radicle) I am using a (kind of) greenhouse.

5804ecae3fb13_N16082016-10-17P1020898.th

In all other cases my window sills (for seedlings) or my living room (around my home office for bigger ones) is enough (without any humidifier), no matter if the palms are »tropical« (as e.g. Licuala) or not.

5804ecb512bad_Seedlings2016-10-17P102089

Good method. When I transplant some seedings from the germination bed to its fist pot I make a individual green-house with this elasic cover plates:

ganzneumelittaquicktiopseigentlichnuroll

My new Sabal uresana seeding is going to spend some days under plastic

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

1 hour ago, Sanips said:

My new Sabal uresana seeding is going to spend some days under plastic

I don’t think that your Sabal seedlings need a »greenhouse«. But be careful that they don’t get mouldy when it gets so dark now!

19 minutes ago, Pal Meir said:

I don’t think that your Sabal seedlings need a »greenhouse«. But be careful that they don’t get mouldy when it gets so dark now!

I don't wanna risk, I've lost some seedings of this genus because of dryness in this premature status. I ventilate it twice a day and I'll remove the cover when the fist plumule gets more prominent.

Main concept is the same, only difference lies in details.

IMG_20161021_174250.thumb.jpg.44fcf569e6IMG_20161021_175301.thumb.jpg.8fc5ff36f4

My nano-greenhouse is growing together with the palm: :greenthumb::D

5810c4fb6fe69_Nano-GreenhouseP102093537.

My nano-greenhouse is still growing more and more to a mini-greenhouse … :D

581f16ec123b5_Nano-Greenhouse2016-11-06P

2 hours ago, Pal Meir said:

My nano-greenhouse is still growing more and more to a mini-greenhouse … :D

581f16ec123b5_Nano-Greenhouse2016-11-06P

LoL,  you have a good short of containers. I'm imagine you searching for yoghurts with the appropiate shape at the supermarket :lol:

I often use an upturned jam jar with a 12mm hole drilled in the bottom to stop the excessive heat build up, air flow and so that I can water the plant through it. It works for me, my own minnie green house. 

3 hours ago, Sanips said:

LoL,  you have a good short of containers. I'm imagine you searching for yoghurts with the appropiate shape at the supermarket :lol:

You got it! I’m buying my yoghurt only because of the transparent lids: :P

581f68db92216_N1601-052016-05-26P1010658

Thanks to the greenhouse the baby could survive until now :-) :greenthumb:

586d0b1e8fc5c_N16082017-01-04P1030266.th

Nice! My S. uresana is happy too. Now I have some seedings of Butyagrus and Livistona nitida under my nano-greenhouses.