IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Alocasia's

Briank

Very frustrated.  I missed out on all the Alocasia's Borneo Giants or Portora at Evergreen Nursery.  They all out. Had some nice 15ga's.  

I I know the season is almost but over, but I'm determined to find some somewhere.  I can find online a few places but they all from 4" pots very small.   I'll go that route if I can't find any 5ga or larger in CA. Seeking advice if anyone knows. I'm done w palms, and bromeliads for the moment, looking to add quite a few large leaf plants ! I love the big leaf plants. Any help or advice be great ! 

I know you're looking for instant gratification, but these grow like weeds for me here in clay and full sun, so I wouldn't be afraid to go with small sizes shipped of something more exotic if that's what you're looking for.

On 9/27/2016, 9:23:16, Danilopez89 said:

:onooooo

Don't have anymore room lol and I got a bunch in pots still. Just have a bunch of palms to my neighbor and friends to plant. Lol.   I still got some room but for nothing big lol. Maybe Dypsis Beronii or something lol.     Need mix it up now and got some Rare Ficus plants and Alocasia's going in next 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2016, 2:05:54, Briank said:

Very frustrated.  I missed out on all the Alocasia's Borneo Giants or Portora at Evergreen Nursery.  They all out. Had some nice 15ga's.  

I I know the season is almost but over, but I'm determined to find some somewhere.  I can find online a few places but they all from 4" pots very small.   I'll go that route if I can't find any 5ga or larger in CA. Seeking advice if anyone knows. I'm done w palms, and bromeliads for the moment, looking to add quite a few large leaf plants ! I love the big leaf plants. Any help or advice be great ! 

buy them on eBay  6-$8 ea they grow fast