IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

The Garden of BS Man - Image Gallery

Pando

I stopped by Bill's (BS Man) garden today in Oceanside, CA. Not only is the curb view starting to get phenomenal, on closer look it's pretty amazing what kinds of gems he has growing in there.

Thanks Bill for the tour; it's gonna be a jungle!

Here it is in full Pandovision™ makeover - enjoy! :)  

(I numbered the images so hopefully Bill comment on some of them).

1:
EOJxIHc.jpg

2: Bill said it was that big around when he planted it
LuyYfS2.jpg

3:
yMCB01L.jpg

4:
UcaN3ql.jpg
  • Upvote 8

WOW! Thanks Ando for my my place look pretty amazing! You certainly have an eye for photography as that bitty little camera you had almost looked like a disposable! 

But you called most of those great shots... and the triangle pattern on the tri-bear turned out great.. 

Thanx for stopping by... somehow I almost feel like I should have paid a fee... :blush:

• Upvote 6

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Boy Bill, the garden is looking GREAT! Looks like you've been working hard in that yard of yours lately.

The photos are great too. 

Tim

• Upvote 2

Tim

Hilo, Hawaii

Thanks Tim!,

Considering we had a decent Santa Ana going and was about 88F and 10% humidity and 15mph breezes, Ando sure made it look great.

• Upvote 1

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Bill......the garden is really looking good!

And Pando, your pictures never let us down.

Well done gentlemen.

• Upvote 2

Looking good Bill. Stuff has really grown up nicely. Also, the broms make a big difference. 

Thanks Ando for the post. 

• Upvote 2

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

12 hours ago, Pando said:
61:
Eg9wp1R.jpg

62:
AlJM5Qn.jpg

63:
H3hqnu7.jpg

64:
URdwNRx.jpg

Does this belong to a Dypsis? 

• Upvote 1

5809129ecff1c_P1010385copie3.JPG.15aa3f5

Philippe

Jungle Paradise in Sri Lanka

Great photos

Bill your yard has had some mega growth and great photography Pando

Troy

• Upvote 2

Old Beach ,Hobart
Tasmania ,Australia. 42 " south
Cool Maritime climate

18 hours ago, Pando said:
97:
d1xrw8R.jpg

Thanks Bill!

Bill you look like an admiring father!  You have a veritable Oceanside jungle going there.  Nice selection of palms and companion plants.  Ando, great work in some challenging lighting and conditions with this entire gallery!

• Upvote 2

33.0782 North -117.305 West  at 72 feet elevation

Another great tour, Pando! You've got me wondering who's next! Maybe Doomsdave? MattyB? Dorian Ouer? Only time will tell!

• Upvote 3

Keith 

Palmetto, Florida (10a) and Tampa, Florida (9b/10a)

Thanks everyone, bits of the garden look pretty good and Ando makes them look better!! Still amazed at how he "pimped" my yard!! Hahaha

Phillipe, thats a Dypsis "slick willy" also known as Dypsis bef I think.

• Upvote 1

BTW... don't think I am up to typing 100 descriptions... if something catches your eye, let me know, I'll try to ID it. :)

53 minutes ago, Zeeth said:

Another great tour, Pando! You've got me wondering who's next! Maybe Doomsdave? MattyB? Dorian Ouer? Only time will tell!

Rob's garden will be next.  

People be like:

57e9cadb03995_Picture4.png.7297c181a6bc5

• Upvote 6