IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Jubaea help needed

beachbum

I have a Jubaea that the lower frond tips are turning bown/black I live in south Carolina and we have gotten a lot of rain this summer. I moved it in out of rain today.  Could this be due to H2O or is it something else like nutritional deficiency etc?

Edit to say spear is green and tight but not really moving. Also the brown is slowly progressing.

Any help would be appreciated

Screenshot_2016-09-21-14-06-41.png

Edited by beachbum

I cant say for sure but I bet there are people that would be able to answer better.  To me it looks fine.. as long as the spear is ok

wxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&pw

Yes, like every one else it just looks like normal lower leaf browning to me. If the spear goes brown then your in trouble, real trouble!:violin:

Lower older fronds never look pristine. Over time they show die back from the tips progressing inward, eventually browning out the entire frond. A natural occurrence. Plant it out if you have that chance.

Cheers, Barrie.