• Announcements

• PRIVATE MESSAGING - IMPORTANT NOTICE   01/02/2017

There has been some confusion regarding the Messaging System on PalmTalk - and what is private and what is posted publicly. I've been asked to explain the two. There are two forms of messages - what I will call "Private Messages" which are Private, and "Activity Messages" which are public. A Private Message is designated with an envelope icon. It is available at the top of every page (click it and use "Compose New"). It is also accessible by hovering over a User's name or Avatar and clicking the envelope icon. Or it is also available on a User's Profile Page - at the top - again, with the envelope icon. Anywhere you see this envelope icon, you can click it and send a Private Message. An "Activity Message" is public. These are the "What's on your Mind" and "Leave a Message on [User X's] Feed" boxes where you can leave a public message directly as a Status Update (on your Profile or Main PT Page) or on a User's Profile Page - which updates his Status Update and also posts on PT's Main Status Update Page. These are "Activities" and labeled as such on the Profile Pages.  What is confusing is that both options (Private and Activity) are available on a User's Profile Page.  Just remember, that if you want to send a Private Message, use the envelope icon link - wherever you see it. That will get you to the Private Messaging Center. Any other "Status Update," like "What's on your Mind," or "Leave a Message on [so-and-so's] Feed," is public. I would make it less confusing if I could, but I can't.

Phoenix canariensis with Yellow leaves

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I would like to understand why the intermediate leaves of my Phoenix canariensis are becoming yellow. I have it for 4 years in my garden 3 km from Ligurian Sea in the Mediterranean and I treat it monthly with specific products against rincoforus like Runner and Nuprid directly in the ground and on the core. Could the reason be some virus or micro fungus or even lack of chimicals in the ground ?

Thank you in advance

Fabio

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This is posted in the wrong forum but your CIDP appears to need fertilizer

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Where Are Phoenix canariensis Most Northern(ly) Found?
      By PalmTreeDude
      Where is the Phoenix canariensis most northern(ly) found in the USA? I saw some in Charleston, S.C. and that is as far north (on the east coast) I have evern seen them, what about the west coast? And has anyone ever seen one more north than Charleston on the east coast? I have been wondering where these things start to come up. 
    • Dwarf Canary Island Date Palm at the Koreshan
      By Loxahatchee Adam
      I was at the Koreshan State Historic Site this past weekend and came across this:

• 5 months after the red weevil
      By Monòver
      This canariensis had a big red weevil infection.
      Every leaves was eaten and part of the trunk.
      I cut every leaves and i was cleaning the hole on the trunk. It was full of fat baby weevils.
      I was macking two treatments with insecticide and 5 months after, here is the result.
      This palm is sixty km inland. In a very dry place.
      It don't has extra irrigation and the miniums this winter, arrives at -7°.
      This is a survivor!

• Neumatophores in Phoenix canariensis
      By psosa
      Dear all,

In the North of Gran Canaria, (Canary Islands, Spain) we have discovered some fossils structure of Phoenix canariensis palm. Attached a sample of part of this fossil.

We have found some structures, similar to pneumatophores, and therefore, we need to document about the anatomy and ecophysiology of pneumatophores in Phoenix canariensis. We are looking for information about Phoenix canariensis palm trees growing in waterlogged sites and in ponds or lakes.

We know that the Canarian palm may have occupied a large belt overall the
      Western Canary Island before the European conquest and before groundwater pumping started;

Can anyone help us?

Thank you so much

Pedro A. Sosa
      Canary Islands.
      Spain
      pedro.sosa@ulpgc.es

• Lethal Yellowing in Hawaii?
      By WestCoastGal
      We were watching "Hawaii Five-O" tonight and early in the show Danny was outside some hotel area and the Phoenix canariensis shown in the background had very yellow lower fronds in the canopy. Was this likely lethal yellowing? I'm so use to seeing beautiful lush palm trees on TV shows and movies this was really jarring.