Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Apollo Heat Mat - I Am New To This!

6 posts in this topic

Hello! I just got an Apollo heat mat (User knell introduced me to Apollo heat mats.) and it is a simple basic 10 dollar one I ordered from Amazon, it had great reviews. So, how exactly do I use this thing with the baggy method? I want to use the baggy and paper towel method, without growing mold, which almost always happens. How exactly should I go about this? And tips or advice on how to use heat mats for palms will be appreciated!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Use mats with a thermostat, set at 30degrees Celsius and make sure they are raised above the mat cover with container, make sure moisture in bag is just damp, you don't need much moisture at all.

What you trying to germinate? 

I have used another type for germinating seeds.  My suggestion is to have your own thermometer to correlate with the temperature setting.  Mine was actually 15 degrees warmer.  Cecile

On 1/3/2017, 8:33:40, palmad Merc said:

Use mats with a thermostat, set at 30degrees Celsius and make sure they are raised above the mat cover with container, make sure moisture in bag is just damp, you don't need much moisture at all.

What you trying to germinate? 

I am trying to germinate Sabal palmetto, Needle Palms, and Washingtonia robusta (they are sprouting quicker on the heating mat, even though they normally do that).

I need to get a thermostat or something for it.