• Announcements

• PRIVATE MESSAGING - IMPORTANT NOTICE   01/02/2017

There has been some confusion regarding the Messaging System on PalmTalk - and what is private and what is posted publicly. I've been asked to explain the two. There are two forms of messages - what I will call "Private Messages" which are Private, and "Activity Messages" which are public. A Private Message is designated with an envelope icon. It is available at the top of every page (click it and use "Compose New"). It is also accessible by hovering over a User's name or Avatar and clicking the envelope icon. Or it is also available on a User's Profile Page - at the top - again, with the envelope icon. Anywhere you see this envelope icon, you can click it and send a Private Message. An "Activity Message" is public. These are the "What's on your Mind" and "Leave a Message on [User X's] Feed" boxes where you can leave a public message directly as a Status Update (on your Profile or Main PT Page) or on a User's Profile Page - which updates his Status Update and also posts on PT's Main Status Update Page. These are "Activities" and labeled as such on the Profile Pages.  What is confusing is that both options (Private and Activity) are available on a User's Profile Page.  Just remember, that if you want to send a Private Message, use the envelope icon link - wherever you see it. That will get you to the Private Messaging Center. Any other "Status Update," like "What's on your Mind," or "Leave a Message on [so-and-so's] Feed," is public. I would make it less confusing if I could, but I can't.

54 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Laaz said:

Picked up a Lytocaryum weddellianum & hoehnei.

13 hours ago, Laaz said:

Pal is a bad influence....  :o

The Lytocaryum infection is a very, very heavy incurable disease :sick:. And it is most infectious! :evil:

PS L weddellianum is best for indoors (near your home office :D), L hoehnei is good (as potted plant) for the terrace or balcony, I think.

Yes, now I need to find the other two...

41 minutes ago, Laaz said:

Yes, now I need to find the other two...

Here are two nice specimens, a L insigne youngster and a L itapebiense baby: :wub:

57e671d1bac13_N140116022016-09-24P102081

We only get on average 7-10 days a year where we drop below freezing, so these will be outside most of the year.

This is mine 12 months apart. I am thinking of repotting it soon but I don't want to disturb it. It now has some roots coming out of the pot.

IMG_4797[1].jpg

IMG_6148[1].jpg

1 hour ago, benko said:

This is mine 12 months apart. I am thinking of repotting it soon but I don't want to disturb it. It now has some roots coming out of the pot.

Looking very happy! :greenthumb: Did you grow it from seed? And how old is it?

23 hours ago, Pal Meir said:

Looking very happy! :greenthumb: Did you grow it from seed? And how old is it?

Hi Pal, the first picture is the size it was when I got it, I didn't grow it from seed. I am yet to grow any palm from seed and it is something I would really like to do. Space is a big issue for me in my apartment, I already have so many plants. I am unsure of the age. I am just amazed at how quickly it grows! I am looking forward to seeing how big it will be this time next year. :D

Edited by benko

My 3 Lytocaryum weddellianum spend their long summer holidays in a shady, sheltered part of the small garden.

09-20f.jpg

My Lytocaryum weddellianum are all the year inside my home office (they are now sleeping :asleep: because it is midnight here):

5870319ebedbe_N16002017-01-07IMG_9109.th

Whilst we're all showing off, I might as well chime in.

tmp_8397-20170107_011233-1131994082.thum

My Lytocaryum appears to be making babies on the 2nd floor of my house:P

8 minutes ago, Kai said:

Whilst we're all showing off, I might as well chime in.

My Lytocaryum appears to be making babies on the 2nd floor of my house:P

Mines are still too young for making babies and are not allowed to go elsewhere; but my biggest one was last November outdoors, and I don’t know what she did there: :indifferent:

5870359004f94_N13012016-11-21IMG_9073.th

8 hours ago, Pal Meir said:

Mines are still too young for making babies and are not allowed to go elsewhere; but my biggest one was last November outdoors, and I don’t know what she did there: :indifferent:

5870359004f94_N13012016-11-21IMG_9073.th

Carefull with that Pal! Before you know it they start going out on their own and you lost control over them.

My tropical homeoffice B) in winter (behind the curtain on the window sill: 3x L insigne):

587cd023f333f_N1401022017-01-16P1030289.

Those look awesome! Just a few more years and they're flowering!