Trachycarpus 'Manipur'

47 posts in this topic

Well, I guess the white colour can depend on a lot of factors. None of my princeps are pure white, rather greyish-white. But my Mount Victoria doesn't even have a hint of white. Backsides:

20170712_095847.thumb.jpg.785a2ab8197b23

My Trachy Mt.Victoria is developing what might be termed 'glaucous' undersides to its leaves and not as striking as the pic shows. I have to reluctantly spray it with a systemic fungicide every month or so. The pics show the dreaded, very quickly spreading, brown mottling on its older leaves.

My Trachy ukhrulensis (Manipur) has been experienced three winters planted out and has suffered no noticeable cold weather damage. This said, the lowest temp recorded here in that time was just in the region of 25°F. This palm hasn't suffered with fungal infection as has my Mt.Victoria. It's leaf undersides are almost white, something which the camera has not picked up on really. In real life, they are much paler than in T.Mt.Vic. As for the uppersides, these are a different shade of green, with a bluish tint to my eyes in Manipur.

(The first two pics are of Mt Victoria while the other three are of Manipur)

SNV37255.JPG

SNV37254.JPG

SNV37248.JPG

SNV37249.JPG

SNV37251.JPG

Definitely nice and different looking trachy to my eyes! 

How are everyone's ukhrulensis doing? Mine has made a slow but steady recovery from its winter damage. It was an exceptional winter so I still think this palm is promising for my area.

The colour is fantastic, the photo doesn't do it justice. It almost rivals the princeps.

20170915_152009.thumb.jpg.df0ca3e25c6d4b

Edited by Flow

2 hours ago, Flow said:

How are everyone's ukhrulensis doing? Mine has made a slow but steady recovery from its winter damage. It was an exceptional winter so I still think this palm is promising for my area.

The colour is fantastic, the photo doesn't do it justice. It almost rivals the princeps.

20170915_152009.thumb.jpg.df0ca3e25c6d4b

Really nice and beautiful palm! I have two of thise in pot bigger one has same blue colour underside of the leafs and fuzz on the spear. 

Mine is in shade, but the underside of the leaves is also very white. Beautiful Trachycarpus species.

P8240746.jpg

P8240747.jpg

Leaf is now open. Beautiful color.

P9300784.jpg

P9300786.jpg

P9300785.jpg