IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

PSSC meeting in Fallbrook, CA San Diego County

DoomsDave

Howdyall,

We had us a good meeting today, and it was like Palm Talk Reunion.

Here's a Psuedophoenix sargentti, sort of a like a goon at the door:

IMG_3991.thumb.JPG.507b98abc3366147a4401

• Upvote 2

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Hyphorbe langencaulis, a nice one, too.

IMG_3994.thumb.JPG.a63522dbeb4d1a8ffc666

• Upvote 1

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

IMG_3995.thumb.JPG.18eca7e26790c0a96b0dbIMG_3996.thumb.JPG.a21772a7a82a02907d13eIMG_3997.thumb.JPG.dbb1a51f11d6d074744ebIMG_3998.thumb.JPG.f88f9261f12b5e240cb85

• Upvote 2

Teddy bear on the left, tribear on the right.

Teddy's 7 years in the ground, tri's 4 years. Note the keels on the tri.

Wanna scream. Did, and no one cared. Too busy screaming.

IMG_4001.thumb.JPG.ed0fdf37d7610053441b3

• Upvote 3

"I'll keelhaul ya!"

IMG_4007.thumb.JPG.cf9dd607cb6e7cf72000bIMG_4008.thumb.JPG.6cb1c1a4b8c0050874628

• Upvote 3

Dypsis mealybug, host said the name, I forgot, hyperventilating

huff puff

inhale

huff puff

inhale

IMG_4010.thumb.JPG.376596abd3a3c1418589f

• Upvote 2

Ptychosperma waitianum

IMG_4013.thumb.JPG.ecac609bbcb86559f8205

• Upvote 2

Our gracious host, smiling at the camera, in the horizontal hoodie

IMG_4014.thumb.JPG.5331f4a6d8d9896bd5ee0

• Upvote 2

Clinostigma savoryanum

IMG_4015.thumb.JPG.80abd22e06bff2aad3dc5IMG_4016.thumb.JPG.c512573e6f458c663bb31

• Upvote 4

Dypsis heteromorpha

IMG_4017.thumb.JPG.f1424e2759f650e9d87c0IMG_4019.thumb.JPG.e68bbcf8bc2a42c3d6ebeIMG_4020.thumb.JPG.82883d7f77cfd3127ec7f

• Upvote 4

Ptcycho macarthurii

IMG_4021.thumb.JPG.dc79d7e28cffeecd6e006

• Upvote 3

Nice pictures of palms

Sigh

IMG_4033.thumb.JPG.0572f61f9f53fad0e54a2IMG_4034.thumb.JPG.9eac2358a2329ef8e64d3IMG_4035.thumb.JPG.f820d1d35e4c0c205ce40

• Upvote 5

I know those dudes!

And you do, too!

Come out and represent!

IMG_4036.thumb.JPG.06eac40161668ee512e93IMG_4037.thumb.JPG.1ee354ed4595768ec2fd5

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, DoomsDave said:

I know those dudes!

And you do, too!

Come out and represent!

IMG_4036.thumb.JPG.06eac40161668ee512e93IMG_4037.thumb.JPG.1ee354ed4595768ec2fd5

Jim and Jwad look very serious..

:) 

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

more pic's Dave

Sunset zone 24

If'n yew in-sist!

IMG_4011.thumb.JPG.b561517f2f7b197cf4ed8

• Upvote 3

Who's that?

IMG_4042.thumb.JPG.17520bd25ac103dc503d0IMG_4041.thumb.JPG.1273480022520f8fd6448

• Upvote 3

Just uploading feverishly

IMG_4019.thumb.JPG.9571fddcacf466366cef9IMG_4038.thumb.JPG.354a237afae2c39908135IMG_4039.thumb.JPG.ba826f9e19474001432aeIMG_4040.thumb.JPG.1ebde633ddac31f6861d0

• Upvote 4

IMG_4028.thumb.JPG.a07fa914b2f9b63733648IMG_4029.thumb.JPG.a3c930df254d722044255IMG_4031.thumb.JPG.552704c986a32974e2d84IMG_4032.thumb.JPG.19094c49e40b1a2d4e20a

• Upvote 4

Sigh

All for tonight

IMG_4039.thumb.JPG.a07e0d2406cacbbe6ad36IMG_4043.thumb.JPG.a3dfc13a96b09ef3315e2IMG_4044.thumb.JPG.b3748ab74deaf7e762117IMG_4045.thumb.JPG.93618a53b0f6880cb4aef

• Upvote 3

awesome pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunset zone 24

2 hours ago, DoomsDave said:

Dypsis heteromorpha

IMG_4017.thumb.JPG.f1424e2759f650e9d87c0IMG_4019.thumb.JPG.e68bbcf8bc2a42c3d6ebeIMG_4020.thumb.JPG.82883d7f77cfd3127ec7f

wheres the red shoe?

• Upvote 1

Sunset zone 24

What a cool garden!

Here's my favorites next to each other. IMG_20160319_32952.thumb.jpg.cb7925bb42f

I couldn't stop staring at those huge attalea fronds.:drool:

Jason's garden is ridiculous! So much palmy goodness packed in there and everything looked so healthy.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Wish I could have been there.  According to the photos, there didn't even look like a brown tip or cold spot was anywhere to be seen.

Yeah, it was pretty amazing. Thanks Jason and everyone else who made this possible.

Got some pics too. Enjoy!

IIGE7vh.jpg

vdBaSzS.jpg

roMVrcs.jpg

0C4CT8P.jpg

Edited by Pando
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, dalmatiansoap said:

Sharp eye Pando! Beautiful pics, show us moreeee!!

Exactly! 

Very nice pics Pando:greenthumb:

Did anyone get pics of the second garden?

I didn't go because I was taking my family to the SD Zoo Safari park.

I saw this,

Palm tree getting strangled

IMG_20160320_26297.thumb.jpg.2d9190ea654

IMG_20160320_45267.thumb.jpg.dbafa1d2566

IMG_20160320_17461.thumb.jpg.1bd6340b941

Some rhinos. There's a baby rhino too:wub:

• Upvote 2

On the way over to the park I drove by  a palmy house. They got some sweet palms!

IMG_20160320_56221.thumb.jpg.3da751d8795

IMG_20160320_56679.thumb.jpg.4307b4d1288

That's a Sabal Mauritiiformis in the center:drool:

Does anyone recognize this yard? I think it's in Escondido.

• Upvote 2