Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Palm seeds/seedlings for trade

2 posts in this topic

Hi all palm lovers

I would like to trade these species with you guys :

- Seeds of Areca guppyana

- Seeds/Seedlings of variegated Caryota mitis

- Seeds of Arenga hookeriana (vary of leave form)

- Seeds of Areca triandra

- Seeds of Calyptrocalyx hollrungii

PS. I will have some seeds of Raphia ruwenzorica within next couple months.

Regards,

Jakkrit (Thailand)

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2016‎ ‎10‎:‎14‎:‎10‎, Jakkrit said:

Hi all palm lovers

I would like to trade these species with you guys :

- Seeds of Areca guppyana

- Seeds/Seedlings of variegated Caryota mitis

- Seeds of Arenga hookeriana (vary of leave form)

- Seeds of Areca triandra

- Seeds of Calyptrocalyx hollrungii

PS. I will have some seeds of Raphia ruwenzorica within next couple months.

Regards,

Jakkrit (Thailand)

What would you like to trade for ?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Fiddling around on the roof - nice palm shots
      By DoomsDave
      I was up on the roof and noted a glorious red leaf on Chambeyronia hookeri.

• Caryota gigas removal
      By Mark M @ S. Oceanside palms
      After four years of extreme low rainfall here in Southern California (until recently), this C. gigas decided to start the seeding process.  Once they beginning to seed they stop putting out new leaves and put all their energy into inflorescent production (monocarpic). Although they are absolutely gorgeous, I would not recommend them for a small yard unless you plan on only planting a few palms, just want the extreme jungle look, or don't plan on staying in that house.  This palm was a big 5 gallon about 9 years ago and I did not give it regular watering like the rest of my yard. Luckily we got several inches of rain this season and my soil is mostly sandy loam which allowed for relatively easy digging and removal. After downing this tree I took an axe to it and got it out in one meter chunks.

• Help with Caryota ID
      By Alicehunter2000
      Please help me ID these two non-clumping Caryota. They were two seeds grown in a single pot. Note the alternating appearance of the leaflets....one skinny/one fat 
      Thanks

• Caryota gigas flowering
      By Eric in Orlando
      A Caryota gigas has started flowering this summer at Leu Gardens. It is about 25ft tall and the inflorescence is probably 4-5ft in length. This was planted in 2003, it was about 3ft tall when planted.
      This palm long with Caryota obtusa has been a disappointment here. They look and grow great but are just as short lived as the other Caryota. We have had another C. gigas flower in the past along with a couple C. obtusa. All were only 25-30ft tall. In habitat they grow 50-60ft, sometimes taller. Since they grow slower than other solitaire Caryota it was thought they might have a longer lifespan here. But none of our flowering C. gigas/obtusa have been older than 12-14 years. I have seen other C. gigas/obtusa in Florida only 20-30ft tall and flowering. Nearby this flowering specimen are several Caryota maxima "Himalayan form". They were planted at the same time (about 2-3ft tall). They are now 50-60ft and 2 have also started flowering.

• Caryota urens
      By The Steve
      Too many palms in the yard.  Looking to sell my Caryota urens.  The fence in the back is 6 feet tall.  Grows like a champ and loves water.  Trades considered.
      $30