Chamaerops Ben Zîz, now 32 years since germination:

5ab4e3707490f_Chamaerops2018-03-23P10403

On 23/03/2018, 11:24:23, Pal Meir said:

Chamaerops Ben Zîz, now 32 years since germination:

5ab4e3707490f_Chamaerops2018-03-23P10403

I'm wondering if is flowering Pal?

34 minutes ago, Kenarr09 said:

I'm wondering if is flowering Pal?

It was flowering many times, so I could know that it is maleBen Zîz« = Son of Palermo). 

@Kenarr09 On this pic you can see a couple of children which he had with his older girl friend (*1980) in 2005: 

5ab674a8f07be_Chamaerops-19802005-11-05D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• All My Cham tuercks: Spring 2018
      By PalmatierMeg
      For several years I posted photos of my 5 potted Chamaedorea tuerckheimii that I took every spring and fall when I gave them their semi-annual checkups and fertilization. Normally I keep them in shade in my back yard jungle where I can look in on them but otherwise let them commune with Nature. I've learned that these are palms that hate to be toyed with, worried over or put on display - they grow for me on their terms only. I'm fine with that. However, in fall 2016 I knew they need to be repotted (2-3 years in one pot is enough). I approach repotting with surgical care & precision but this time the two smallest palms took issue with my actions. Both went into decline and died within a few months. I was so bummed I took no photos last year.
      I've had no luck germinating seeds but I decided to bite the bullet and ordered 4 seedlings from Floribunda. So far those are doing great for me. Then last fall I bought 2 1g from Scott Cohen. I just finished my spring checkup on my 9 Cham tuercks and took the following photos today. I estimate the largest, bought from Dale Holten in 2011, to be 22-24" tall. The second & third tallest are 15-18" tall.
      Chamaedorea tuerckheimii x9

• Big Oops...
      By PalmTreeDude
      So I forgot to bring my Coconut palm in a pot in last night... The tempature got down to 34 degrees F and there was frost in the yard. Do you think it will be ok? 

• What Is The Longest Time You Went Without Water a Palm In a Pot?
      By PalmTreeDude
      What is the longest time period a palm of yours went in a pot without being watered? Yes, rain counts as being watered. For me it was about one month. 
    • C. elegans
      By topwater
      C. elegans, the most underrated palm ever.  It grows everywhere on earth, requires little attention, and its gorgeous.  I found the one on the right last week at my local sprawlmart, removed 90% of the seedlings and got this triple.  I'd love to see more.   Eventually they'll go to to the garden, until then I enjoy them up close.     My last dollar for scale.  

• C. elegans
      By topwater
      C. elegans could be the most underrated palm ever.  They're beautiful, very hardy, anyone can grow them indoors.  I found the one on the right at a sprawlmart last week, removed 90% of the seedlings and have this triple beauty.  The one on the left has been doing well with benign neglect for a year or so.    The big one goes to the garden March 1st.      I'd love to see more, thanks!  My last dollar for scale.