IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Palms for sale

Joe palma

Joe is da bomd! as a grower my self I commend Joe for his awesome growing skills. Keep up the good work my friend!

• Upvote 2

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

Peter - Nice meeting you as well! Glad you are happy w/ your palms, you really got some nice ones. Thanks for coming by.

Steve, Keith and Josh - thanks for the compliments! Coming from you guys this really means a lot! I really do appreciate it.

Yes those T. martianus are very nice looking and some what old, at about 12 years. I have a nice one in the ground and might plant another one. They don't take up a lot of space and have the fronds mostly upright, so they don't have a wide spread either.

Best,
-Joe

Joe Dombrowski

Discovery Island Palms Nursery

San Marcos, CA

"grow my little palm tree, grow!"

• 2 weeks later...

Got a bunch of these real nice kentias in 15g for a steal!!!  $80 on sale!

DSC02208.JPG

DSC02210.JPG

DSC02211.JPG

Joe Dombrowski

San Marcos, CA

:drool:Kentia's

Would love to try one inside one day.....no one ever has them in Fl.

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

17 hours ago, Joe palma said:

Got a bunch of these real nice kentias in 15g for a steal!!!  $80 on sale!

DSC02208.JPG

DSC02210.JPG

DSC02211.JPG

I can't get over how cheap Kentia's are in California for being such a slow palm. Kentia palms that size Joe is selling would command $3,000 or more.

16 hours ago, sashaeffer said:

I can't get over how cheap Kentia's are in California for being such a slow palm. Kentia palms that size Joe is selling would command $3,000 or more.

Yeah those are nice but 3k?? If I already didn't have a lot of them in my yard I would jump on this (and if I lived closer)

9 hours ago, enigma99 said:

Yeah those are nice but 3k?? If I already didn't have a lot of them in my yard I would jump on this (and if I lived closer)

Yep, that expensive. Now...even the largest this local nursery has don't come close to what Joe has for sale and the largest one they have is $900

I am on good terms with the tropical plant manager there and she told me that ones they sell out(if they do) they won't carry them again due to price and the fact customers have the least success with them once home.

Yea...send me 10, I could sell these easy here!

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Joe has nice material for sure, check at this 20 gal  H. belmoreana I got from him earlier this year.  About 1 1/2 of trunk (still covered) and well over 7 FT planted out.  Great Lord Howe material. 

H.belmoreana.jpg

Carl

Vista, CA

2 hours ago, nachocarl said:

Joe has nice material for sure, check at this 20 gal  H. belmoreana I got from him earlier this year.  About 1 1/2 of trunk (still covered) and well over 7 FT planted out.  Great Lord Howe material. 

H.belmoreana.jpg

now you need a big fat hedy..hehehe

• Upvote 1

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

1 hour ago, Josh-O said:

now you need a big fat hedy..hehehe

I'm picturing a fat double Hedy and a couple of Kentias in the mix.  Yeah, Lord Howe!

Carl

Vista, CA

4 hours ago, nachocarl said:

H.belmoreana.jpg

Bought one of these from Joe as well when on a road trip to S. California. Is doing really well. MUCH easier than a Kentia and faster growing.

• Upvote 2

Yes, I got a good deal on the kentias and was just passing it along.

Jeff I'd love to sell you a bunch of them!

Seems to me that the majority of the bel's grow slower than the kentias but individual palms could surprise you.

Tons of deals still available!!

(760)300-7339

Joe Dombrowski

San Marcos, CA

Joe, can't  hardly wait till I come in March.  Coming down to Hollywood Bowl to see David Gilmour on March 25th and will swing down there for more, and more palms. Cecile

Thanks Cecile! Looking forward to you coming by again. Always a pleasure.

Joe Dombrowski

San Marcos, CA

23 hours ago, SHEP said:

Joe, can't  hardly wait till I come in March.  Coming down to Hollywood Bowl to see David Gilmour on March 25th and will swing down there for more, and more palms. Cecile

Cecile, when you visit Joe if you have space, let me know!  Would love to pick up a couple of things & chip in some gas money.

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

KILLER DEAL ON THESE 15g RHOPALOSTYLIS "OCEANA" FOR $50!!!
Have a bunch and need to move some out.

DSC01524.JPG

Joe Dombrowski

San Marcos, CA

• 3 weeks later...

I have these deals going on till the end of January. Prices will be going up after that.

Thanks to those who have come by and bought some palms!

Joe Dombrowski

San Marcos, CA