IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Dypsis cabadae 1g double seedlings

PalmatierMeg

I have four 1g pots of double Dypsis cabadae seedlings I germinated from seeds I was given. I don't have room in my yard to plant them and need to find them new homes. In addition I have two more 1g pots of smaller seedlings I will list in my second posting. Dypsis cabadae is a sparsely clustering palm from the Mayotte Islands but it was first discovered in the garden of a Cuban palm enthusiast. Stems reach 25' tall but less than 6" diameter. Stems of young seedlings are rusty brown as shown in the photos. Mature palms have beautiful blue/green stems dusted with a bluish scurf. This palm is hardy in zones 10-11.

Palms will be sent Priority Mail without pots and with most soil removed. I wrap roots in damp orchid moss, clear wrap and foil.

Cost: $20.00 per double pot of seedlings, including shipping. If you want more than one pot, we can discuss a quantity discount.

Payment via Paypal. I cannot ship palms to HI or overseas.

Below are the four pots of doubles;

Dypsis cabadae doubles 1g 01 9-27-15.JPG

Meg

Palms of Victory I shall wear

Cape Coral (It's Just Paradise)
Florida
Zone 10A on the Isabelle Canal
Elevation: 15 feet

I'd like to be under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade.

I have two more 1g pots of Dypsis  cabadae that are a bit smaller than the above palms. One pot contains four seedlings, the other a larger seedling and two more very small ones (I think they were shaded by other palms in my container garden).

Cost of palms in both pots: $20.00, including shipping. You will get all 7 palms.

Other terms of sale the same as above.

PM me if you are interested in this great palm

Dypsis cabadae x5 01 9-27-15.JPG

Meg

Florida

The palms in the second post and one pot of the doubles are sold. I still have 3 pots of double palms left.

Meg

Florida

• 1 year later...