IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Waggy shots of summer 2015

Peter Timmermans

I'm pretty sure they are in NL...Peter has posted winter pics before!

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

In Dronten at 52°32’N ??? That’s further north than my location! Unbelievable … :huh: And my (still juvenile, 12 years young) Waggies produce only two or three new leaves per year, and this at 49°23’N … :blush:

My photos at flickr: flickr.com/photos/palmeir/albums

Wow!   Those waggies look awesome…I planted four 3 gallon size this season. I hope in my hot and humid climate they will grow to look as nice.

In Dronten at 52°32’N ??? That’s further north than my location! Unbelievable … :huh: And my (still juvenile, 12 years young) Waggies produce only two or three new leaves per year, and this at 49°23’N … :blush:

Edit: wrong tread

Edited by Sanips

08053.gif

I really dig how many leaf bases wagies hold. stunning palm!!

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

Hi Pal, I protect my palms in winter maybe that explains the difference in growth rate. ;) I planted my tallest Waggy in March 2004 with trunk size 10 cm. Its trunk is now 1.90 m. I planted 2 actually, one of them died unfortunately in the big freeze of 2011, when we had 2 nights of -17 and one night of -22˚C.

:greenthumb:I'm pretty sure they are in NL...Peter has posted winter pics before!:greenthumb:

Hi Pal, I protect my palms in winter maybe that explains the difference in growth rate. ;) I planted my tallest Waggy in March 2004 with trunk size 10 cm. Its trunk is now 1.90 m. I planted 2 actually, one of them died unfortunately in the big freeze of 2011, when we had 2 nights of -17 and one night of -22˚C.

Hello Peter, when I first saw your photos I thought they were taken in Lugano or so, it’s really incredible :greenthumb::greenthumb::greenthumb: – Yes, the winter 2011/12 (esp. the long snow-free freeze of February 2012) killed also in Heidelberg almost all Trachys.

My photos at flickr: flickr.com/photos/palmeir/albums

Nice garden Peter, the lawn is so green… just getting green grass here since it’s so dry this summer. 

They have a knack for grass in NL. 

Stunning Palms. I grow several wagnerianus from seed at the moment. They are to young to plant them. I can only hope they will look like that.

Nice garden Peter, the lawn is so green… just getting green grass here since it’s so dry this summer. 

They have a knack for grass in NL. 

Stunning Palms. I grow several wagnerianus from seed at the moment. They are to young to plant them. I can only hope they will look like that.

Alcibiades, so does Washington state, LOL!  

I have just one wagnerianus and its not as slow growing as one would think. Planted a one gallon three years ago, its done very good, yours will too. 

Awesome display. 
Big waggie here in the garden doing perfect as well... growing speeds has been picked up the last few years. 
This spring I replanted a smaller one next to the bigger one to make a nice group. It is has a bit yellow because a very dry first 6 months this year, should be better next year.

Southwest