IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

dypsis psammophila

Josh-O

I have a very nice dypsis psammophila specimen for sale. I've had this for a long time and grew it up from a seedling. It has been in Half day sun for 3 years now and needs to find a new home. I'm asking only 150.00 USD. local pick up only. Call or text me at 626-278-6388 or feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks for looking :greenthumb::winkie:

post-7434-0-18377100-1440387096_thumb.jp

post-7434-0-63385600-1440387124_thumb.jp

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

That's a good sized plant. These are not fast.

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

Stunning! Hope the one I got from you looks that great in years to come.

Take good care of it Scott and you should have a beauty on your hands.. :greenthumb:

Sunset zone 24

Thanks for all the PM's

This plant is officially off the market.

Sunset zone 24

I got one of these from Josh a few years ago. Great grower even in my crappy microclimate. Has some great color too. Definitely at must have little palm.

"it's not dead it's sleeping"

Santee ca, zone10a/9b

18 miles from the ocean

avg. winter 68/40.avg summer 88/64.records 113/25

Psammies are cute, and try to put them where they won't get buried by more robust plants, like D. baronii and onilahensis. Instead, put them where you can see the their delicate black bamboo-like stems.

Greg Asbagh's place in Leucadia had a fine planting of some with 5 - 6 feet of trunk.

They look fragile, but they'll take full sun.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Greg Asbagh's place in Leucadia had a fine planting of some with 5 - 6 feet of trunk.

Full sun? I buy that in Leucadia...which is like 6 feet from the ocean. But I am highly skeptical of its ability to thrive in sun inland.

Any other examples in full inland sun DD?

Full sun? I buy that in Leucadia...which is like 6 feet from the ocean. But I am highly skeptical of its ability to thrive in sun inland.

My dumpy dive in La La Ha Ha Bra

Yes in-deedly . . .

Some in semi shade, and one I ripped out of the ground and put in a pot where it sits on the Concrete Pad of Hell

Well

It does get regular water.

Full sun, your place? No problem.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

My dumpy dive in La La Ha Ha Bra

Yes in-deedly . . .

Some in semi shade, and one I ripped out of the ground and put in a pot where it sits on the Concrete Pad of Hell

Well

It does get regular water.

Full sun, your place? No problem.

Wow! Thanks DD. I learned something new today!

Well, not that mine counts but since picking it up from Josh, my 5 gallon has been in full midwestern sun for a month now with zero damage.

Well, not that mine counts but since picking it up from Josh, my 5 gallon has been in full midwestern sun for a month now with zero damage.

That is pretty far inland.

I have some getting 1/2 day sun in Vista and they look perfect.

for giggles I put on in full sun 2 yrs ago at my vista garden in a 5 gal pot and it never burned.

Like DD hinted they are pretty hardy little buggers.

Sunset zone 24