IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Indifference > Concern> Fear > Panic ?....................

trioderob

if you are in the Market today -which do you feel ?

:interesting:

(Dean, Moose,Bags, Kim and Redant please join in)

Edited by trioderob

ok - now we are past fear and we are onto PANIC

china down gigantic Mon

I challenge anyone here who has criticized me in the past to make a call about what will happen over the next month.

panic-wallpaper-6-743320.jpg

Edited by trioderob

I bet when the market was rebounding Dean was waiting with baited breath to post right after the market closed - something to the effect of :

" you posted a panic image and what did it do ?- we ended up for the day "

Indifference > Concern> Fear > Panic.............none of these as I have been out of the market for a few years....however, things are looking interesting to buy again. Copper miners have taken a horrible beating.....might try to put some toes back in and test the water. FCX below $9 .....wow!

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

Top guy at FCX board just bought 10 million worth at $9 per share.

Blood in the water....may get more bloody.... so Rob are you buying or waiting a while longer?

David you're right metals have taken a beating (but there has to be a bottom soon I bet) same with oil but I don't think we will see much life there overall for a few years. I was thinking of buying some FCX myself. My dad told me he bought more at 10 and change.

well I would like to see the Chinese market stabilize as there is a theory that it will return to the level it was at before it went parabolic.

that's about 14% down from here.

nobody wants to hold US stocks overnight for fear of what the Chinese market is going to do hours later - as seen today.

in addition the crash did real damage- people lost a lot of money and that trip or vacation or purchase will be held off.

so in other words the crash did real damage that wont heal quickly even if the market comes back

VERY BIG RISK AND VERY BIG REWARD MARKETS AT THE MOMENT

the last 6 years everyone was a stock market guru and patted themselves on the back for how well they did.

here is also where the folks who are "buys and hold" get tested - can they really take it as them claim - or will they scream "uncle" and sell ?

these are the real times that separate the mice from men.

Edited by trioderob

I never believed the market would last this long or that the Fed would keep interest rates where they were for the last 6 years? I got out right when things really got good, but I also made some money there at the beginning of the upswing.... thought....how long can this last....evidently it could last several years.

Well....at some point this "correction" was bound to happen....guess that's what I've been waiting for....problem is will it be temporary or more long term recessionary? either way, things are bound to recover at some point. I hope I am wrong and things go back to the new "normal" as I have much more invested in real estate and business interests. Guess its kind of like a hurricane....hope it never happens but there is some little part inside that is excited. That excited part is a normal feeling I think....maybe its the same part that tells me when its all going to crap....time to buy something.

NOTE: My hunch is China will prop up things much as we have done leading to a mini economic boom of sorts. The government cannot allow unrest and will therefore take whatever action is necessary....these actions will involve the consumption of large amounts of commodities once again.....I may become a buyer and will look closely at all the big miners (CLF, FCX etc.) Australian miners have the most exposure to China so that is of interest as well.

the problem with China its not so easy as just "propping it up"

there is an extraordinarily complex situation over there which is way beyond my knowledge but i have read a few articles and the country of 1.4 billion is going thru a million different changes at once.

Oil companies look appealing also

China's leaders probably smarter than ours....and look how we managed to prop things up for the last 6+ years....they will figure it out.

Just gotta make sure the commodity companies that are chosen can are strong enough to withstand this downturn without going belly up.

ok the selling looks to be over - market like the fact that china was red but it looked like the leak was getting plugged up.

this kind of market does not allow time - there is nobody standing on a chair shouting " ok folks its safe to buy back in now"

it climbs a wall of worry - wait 3 days too long and you miss out on 75% of the recovery

Edited by trioderob

I'm not buying that this is indeed a recovery....more downside to come...

Legalized gambling.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

ok the selling looks to be over - market like the fact that china was red but it looked like the leak was getting plugged up.

the problem with China its not so easy as just "propping it up"

:hmm:

Hmm seems like Carl Ichan thought FCX was worth investing in.....should have had money where my mouth was....will wait for the next down dip....bear party ain't over yet

just need some money to invest....lol

Anybody here use TradeKing?

Opened account with TradeKing. ...will start slowly easing back in to some badly beaten down stocks....carnage is far from over....been waiting for this for several years....how low will we go?

oil up 28% in 5 days

Dean- any comments ?

Picking a bottom hasn't been easy.

animated-volcano-image-0010.gif.71ccc48bfc1ec622a0adca187eabaaa4.gif

Kona, on The Big Island
Hawaii - Land of Volcanoes

Can't believe no one has given me props for picking both oil and fcx copper giant before they shot up.....what just because I haven't been discussing day trading vs long term investment ad nauseum yall just ignoring my Nostradomas-like foresight. I feel like a red headed step child ..... that's ok ...just keep hatin'

Cause you know "haters gonna hate"

Can't believe no one has given me props for picking both oil and fcx copper giant before they shot up.....what just because I haven't been discussing day trading vs long term investment ad nauseum yall just ignoring my Nostradomas-like foresight. I feel like a red headed step child ..... that's ok ...just keep hatin'

Picking a down September here and now....don't know if you all believe me because I just turned on business news as I was writing this.....looks bad....but current news is not what I was relying on for my prognostication (see comments above on my predictions) .... this market has been artificially propped up for years with debt. Bubble is bound to burst...yesterday (end of August) being down is a huge technical indicator for more pain to come. You have both Technical and Fundamentals both pointing to the same thing. I will be a buyer .... the big question is how long and how low ..... will just ease in to things at various price points for a couple of reasons. ... very little money to gamble with...but also because it spreads downside risk.

Props David, good call.

Dave-

good job !

I am in 10% now and will ease in over the next few weeks little at a time unless I see a huge $trin (arms index) extreme oversold day

then I might go for it. Chinese market seems to want to stabilize back to where it should have been before the parabolic rise.

when you see emerging markets stabilize the worst is over

"dipper dabber - dipper blump

the market just took a dump"

Edited by trioderob

Timber'''''''''

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Hey Bryant....you changed your user name. I haven't forgotten your Sereona seeds....dang things aren't producing this year....also the Ombu cutting...gonna slice off a bunch before first freeze.

Anyway, back to the Market.....Rob....I understand both you and Deans strategies...I think....you are more of a technical day trader and Dean a long term investor. This is Apples and Oranges .... yall's discussions are entertaining but rarely resolve anything. I kinda place myself somewhere between you two.....more like a swing trader....I consider it an informed gamble to play the market....look at fundamentals of the company before using a few technical indicators to try and time my trades. I also enjoy "penny"stocks and micro cap /small cap type companies. With great risk sometimes comes great reward.....sometimes failure. It's fun most of the time and is more enjoyable than buying and holding. Of course I got long term investments ... just not what I'm discussing doing here. This is fun money.....can't think about palms ALL the time.