IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Josh-O in Carlsbad

sashaeffer

On 4/2/2019 at 2:06 PM, MOlivera said:

Bought some D. saint lucei seedlings from Josh. The seedlings were healthy and they arrived in great shape. He even included an extra. Thanks Josh!

Thank again for the business :)

• Like 1

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to give a big thanks to Josh.  I got to meet Josh this past Tuesday when he invited me to his place and needless to say, I was amazed.  I got to see some things that left me in awe. I was there hoping to pick up a few little things.   I picked up some amazing palms, that filled the cavity of my empty truck.    Not only did I pick some up but there are a few that await my return.  I'm a people so I enjoy being around good folks.  Josh's hospitality was first class and I left there feeling as though I just met back up with an old friend.

Thanks again and cheers to you bud.:greenthumb:

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 7:54 AM, Tortuga said:

I just wanted to give a big thanks to Josh.  I got to meet Josh this past Tuesday when he invited me to his place and needless to say, I was amazed.  I got to see some things that left me in awe. I was there hoping to pick up a few little things.   I picked up some amazing palms, that filled the cavity of my empty truck.    Not only did I pick some up but there are a few that await my return.  I'm a people so I enjoy being around good folks.  Josh's hospitality was first class and I left there feeling as though I just met back up with an old friend.

Thanks again and cheers to you bud.:greenthumb:

Thanks for the kind words amigo! See you next month :)

Sunset zone 24

• 1 month later...

I'm new to the forum and a first time buyer here.  Bought a few plants from Josh.  They arrived the next day after shipping, beautifully packaged, and all healthy.  Looking forward to doing business again.  

Josh has excellent plants & costumer service!  My palms arrived quick & in great condition. I give him 5 stars! Thanks again Josh! :greenthumb:

Hesperia,Southern CA (High Desert area). Zone 8b

Elevation; about 3600 ft.

Lowest temp. I can expect each year 19/20*f lowest since I've been growing palms *13(2007) Hottest temp. Each year *106

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2019 at 9:09 PM, James760 said:

Josh has excellent plants & costumer service!  My palms arrived quick & in great condition. I give him 5 stars! Thanks again Josh! :greenthumb:

My pleasure. Thanks for the business and enjoy the plants :)

Sunset zone 24

On 6/20/2019 at 6:19 PM, SprGarden said:

I'm new to the forum and a first time buyer here.  Bought a few plants from Josh.  They arrived the next day after shipping, beautifully packaged, and all healthy.  Looking forward to doing business again.  

Awesome!! I glad they arrived safe and sound. Thanks again for the business :)

Sunset zone 24

Just received 5 HUGE Sabal causiarum bands for a steal of a deal.  Arrived quickly and in excellent condition.  I immediately had to repot  because they were busting out!

Thanks again Josh

Shipment of Sabal causiarum bands arrived in top order, VERY well packed they all repotted and ready to resume.  

Thanks Josh :greenthumb::greenthumb:

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 3:09 PM, RJ said:

Shipment of Sabal causiarum bands arrived in top order, VERY well packed they all repotted and ready to resume.  

Thanks Josh :greenthumb::greenthumb:

Thanks again for the business. I'm glad they made it in good condition  :)  Have fun growing them up.

Sunset zone 24

• 2 months later...

As if he needs any more positive feedback, received my order promptly, packaged very thoughtfully, and the specimens were beautiful. thanks josh!

-Ed

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 3:45 PM, Ryagra said:

Butia strictor arrives nice and healthy. Thanks Josh-O! 

35B80564-60A6-44D5-B76E-91F9C88C2721.jpeg

Thanks again for the business

Sunset zone 24

I have purchased from Josh twice now. Each time the palms are in great shape and healthy. My princeps actually arrived larger than I expected. I am very pleased with his plants. 

I live on the east coast so have never had the pleasure of visiting Josh to pick up palms. Hopefully one day. I have ordered from him several times and the transaction was always smooth.  I have been happy with everything I have ever got. He is happy to answer questions and is knowledgeable. Shipping was quick, plants were well grown and healthy, and always packed well.  A big thumbs up for this seller.

I just wanted to give thanks to Josh. I ordered 6 Howea belmoreana liners and he sent me an additional 4,  all in perfect conditions, packaging was outstanding, would definitely order more palm from him in the near future. 

Andy 

8 hours ago, Ryagra said:

I have purchased from Josh twice now. Each time the palms are in great shape and healthy. My princeps actually arrived larger than I expected. I am very pleased with his plants. 

Thanks Ryan! I'm glad you are pleased with what I sent you. Thanks for the business and the kind words

Sunset zone 24

3 hours ago, Sprouting Palms said:

I just wanted to give thanks to Josh. I ordered 6 Howea belmoreana liners and he sent me an additional 4,  all in perfect conditions, packaging was outstanding, would definitely order more palm from him in the near future. 

Andy 

Thanks Andy!! I'm glad you enjoyed the extras. Good to know they went to a good home :)

• Like 1

Sunset zone 24

4 hours ago, Jeff zone 8 N.C. said:

I live on the east coast so have never had the pleasure of visiting Josh to pick up palms. Hopefully one day. I have ordered from him several times and the transaction was always smooth.  I have been happy with everything I have ever got. He is happy to answer questions and is knowledgeable. Shipping was quick, plants were well grown and healthy, and always packed well.  A big thumbs up for this seller.

Thank Jeff!! Awesome feedback. That put a big smile on my face. Thanks again for the business. Glad they arrived in good shape and happy planting

Sunset zone 24

Even though I'm in Nebraska and have the palm "addiction" I have bought from Josh for a few years and have visited both his house and now new nursery when I've made road trips to California. I've typically bought larger (3/5) gallon palms from him when I could simply take them with me.

It was nice to see that he now offers shipping on smaller desirable palm in smaller shipable  sizes

Just received my first mail order yesterday and while the box took a beating from the post office the palms inside  arrived well packaged and untouched.

• 2 weeks later...

Yah, what Darold said,   :mrlooney:

I just received the Chambeyronia hookeri seedlings, again a great deal ! :greenthumb:

San Francisco, California

• 4 weeks later...

Just got some really nice and healthy B. moorei liners from Josh. Definitely will get more palms from him in the future.

• 1 month later...

Just got another hard to find palm from Josh. He sold me his last back up D. decipiens. It was 5 gl in perfect condition.  I'll definitely go to him first when needing something hard to find. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 2/15/2020 at 4:41 PM, allencush said:

Just got another hard to find palm from Josh. He sold me his last back up D. decipiens. It was 5 gl in perfect condition.  I'll definitely go to him first when needing something hard to find. 

thanks again. How is the palm doing?

Sunset zone 24

Man I hate to say but it died.  It was doing good to start but when summer came it slowly went into decline.  I think the humidity got to it. I will not try another one.

Do you have website with a plant list Josh ? 

thank you, 

Matt

Matt in Temecula, CA

Hot and dry in the summer, cold with light frost in the winter. Halfway between the desert and ocean

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 9:46 PM, freakypalmguy said:

Do you have website with a plant list Josh ? 

thank you, 

Matt

fairviewnursery.com

Sunset zone 24

• 1 month later...

My L. Ramsayi and Chambeyronia Macrocarpa showed up today. Fair prices and fast shipping, showed up a day early. Thanks @Josh-O

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hello all.

I'd like to go visit @Josh-Othis weekend. Can someone PM me a phone number for him. I'm driving quite a long way and would like to be sure he's available.

Thx.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I purchased some Chamaedorea radicalis seed late last year. I received excellent quality, fresh seeds in a very timely manner. In spite of my terrible environmental conditions in February; I have had very good germination. I would not hesitate to purchase from Josh again.