Jump to content
sashaeffer

Josh-O in Carlsbad

Recommended Posts

Ben in Norcal
On 1/14/2017, 4:26:19, Josh-O said:

come on over any time. I make a mean mai tai

Huh, so men drink mai tais in Socal, do they? :D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DoomsDave
On 12/30/2015, 10:16:17, LJG said:

This is hilarious. I am always amazed at what palm nuts will go through to satisfy their addition. 

Addiction to additions is more like it!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
On January 20, 2017 at 9:34:59 AM, DoomsDave said:

Addiction to additions is more like it!

Lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
On January 19, 2017 at 9:26:23 PM, Ben in Norcal said:

Huh, so men drink mai tais in Socal, do they? :D

Lol...

only a certain few can :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cainester

Josh, thanks for the deal on the monster tortor and blonde.  I got the little ones in the ground already too.  The garden is awesome, thanks for the tour.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
On 1/30/2017, 9:06:02, cainester said:

Josh, thanks for the deal on the monster tortor and blonde.  I got the little ones in the ground already too.  The garden is awesome, thanks for the tour.

Thanks Mike it was great to see and catch up with you again. Thanks for your support and I know your palms have a good home. Next time we meet cold beer will be involved!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GottmitAlex

The very rare and hard to find palm in 5 gallon  (He also has it in several more sizes) is the Beccariophoenix Fenestralis.  Josh-O has it. 

Josh is very professional and an exceptional seller.  Thanks Josh. Your garden is exquisite, your selection is a head-turner at every corner. Excellent prices as well!

 

P.S.  I already set the Fenestralis in the ground.  :D

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
On 3/11/2017, 6:20:09, GottmitAlex said:

The very rare and hard to find palm in 5 gallon  (He also has it in several more sizes) is the Beccariophoenix Fenestralis.  Josh-O has it. 

Josh is very professional and an exceptional seller.  Thanks Josh. Your garden is exquisite, your selection is a head-turner at every corner. Excellent prices as well!

 

P.S.  I already set the Fenestralis in the ground.  :D

 

 

 

 

 

thanks for all you amazing complements Alex,

It was fun to meet you the other day at my Carlsbad garden. Although small I try to cram the good stuff in the ground here since my climate is a solid 10B on the hill here.

Keep us posted on how the palms grows for you in TJ. Your welcome here anytime :)

cheers,

Josh

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tracy

Just a big thumbs up :greenthumb:, and a green one at that, for the opportunity to get the hard to find Lowland Form of Ficus dammaropsis.  I posted photos of it pre and post planting in the forum for tropical plants other than palms.  I went out this morning to see it opening its first new leaf in the ground, and his has a nice peachy colored tint.  I also appreciated your pointing out the 5 gallon Dypsis malcomberi hybrids, which I also selected one of.  You have a lot of great stuff in that greenhouse and some great specimens in your demonstration garden above.  It's always fun to see the changes, especially your venturing into the world of Cycads.

If someone is in the coastal zone of Southern California and has considered growing Ficus dammaropsis, they should contact you and see if you have any of those left.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
On 7/29/2017, 9:57:27, Tracy said:

Just a big thumbs up :greenthumb:, and a green one at that, for the opportunity to get the hard to find Lowland Form of Ficus dammaropsis.  I posted photos of it pre and post planting in the forum for tropical plants other than palms.  I went out this morning to see it opening its first new leaf in the ground, and his has a nice peachy colored tint.  I also appreciated your pointing out the 5 gallon Dypsis malcomberi hybrids, which I also selected one of.  You have a lot of great stuff in that greenhouse and some great specimens in your demonstration garden above.  It's always fun to see the changes, especially your venturing into the world of Cycads.

If someone is in the coastal zone of Southern California and has considered growing Ficus dammaropsis, they should contact you and see if you have any of those left.

Thanks again for coming by the Nursery Tracy. Its always a pleasure to hang out and talk palms with you. Your Lowland Ficus D. will do sooooo good in your Leucadia climate.

Next time I'm in your area I will stop by for a visit and check out your garden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SHEP

Josh, I thought you told me that you had "small Cyphophoenix Elegans" in 5g.  Also, do you have any more Ravanea Hildebrantii?  I am very disappointed in a C. Elegans that I just bought and it has all brown roots, no white tips even at the end.  I think it was alive because of the two live, thick roots that were in the ground, that broke off when the plant was pulled up.  I am very disappointed in this grower.  What say you?  Cecile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O

Good to hear from you Cecile,

sorry to hear you had a bad experience with another grower. I hope those palms will make it? Maybe a little time and some TLC?

I'll send you a text message and pictures of the palms you are looking for. I did get your PM, thanks :greenthumb:

Cheers,

Josh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZenMan 1

Good Day Josh,

I received my Brahea Moorei seeds quicky in the mail. As always you are very outstanding in your service to fellow palm buyers and collectors. I enjoy the seeds you have to offer and keep them coming. You have a joyous Merry Christmas & a great New Year!       Thanks again, ZenMan 1

   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
On 12/5/2017, 6:44:24, ZenMan 1 said:

Good Day Josh,

I received my Brahea Moorei seeds quicky in the mail. As always you are very outstanding in your service to fellow palm buyers and collectors. I enjoy the seeds you have to offer and keep them coming. You have a joyous Merry Christmas & a great New Year!       Thanks again, ZenMan 1

   

 

thanks a bunch for the business :)

 

happy sprouting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O

Thanks for the business Matt-B-Dallas for coming by while in town.it was a tight squeeze getting all these wonderful plants in your car but I'm glad it worked out. I really appreciate all the business and the support. Have a safe trip back to DallasIMG_7100.JPG.a4513699ebe3c96af3b1e93e8b8IMG_7101.JPG.314a82bfe6854465b179d5a28c9IMG_7102.JPG.e8ddc10641fad6ab36bdc2d87cd

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O

 Thanks again Adam (Akamu on PT)  for stopping by and picking up some of my really cool and very rare stuff. Glad to see you get it and I know it's going to a good home. 

IMG_7103.JPG.043fc589452b3ee40ac3d868fc5IMG_7104.JPG.e0ecbcfda76d6fb55ab715c69b4IMG_7105.JPG.e82cc63fe4ca0c9627612591adf

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt N- Dallas

I give a huge ‘green thumbs up’ to Josh!  A super guy, outstanding plants and awesome collection!! It was great to meet Josh & Adam and talk palms.  I only wish I had a moving truck instead of an suv.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TexasColdHardyPalms

@Matt N- Dallas  What all did you get?? I think I see an Arenga in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
39 minutes ago, TexasColdHardyPalms said:

@Matt N- Dallas  What all did you get?? I think I see an Arenga in there.

Good eye :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
1 hour ago, Matt N- Dallas said:

I give a huge ‘green thumbs up’ to Josh!  A super guy, outstanding plants and awesome collection!! It was great to meet Josh & Adam and talk palms.  I only wish I had a moving truck instead of an suv.. 

 Thanks again Matt for stopping by and cutting out time on your family trip to come visit my nursery. It was an absolute pleasure meeting you.  Again thanks for the business I appreciate it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ben in Norcal

Big thanks to Josh for getting me my long-desired Ficus damarropsis!  He knows I have been looking for one for a long time after putting my first plant in a bad spot/not anticipating the rate of growth!  Josh went through a lot of trouble to ship to Norcal for me, which I am super appreciative of!  A+++!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
On 5/20/2018, 10:09:18, Ben in Norcal said:

Big thanks to Josh for getting me my long-desired Ficus damarropsis!  He knows I have been looking for one for a long time after putting my first plant in a bad spot/not anticipating the rate of growth!  Josh went through a lot of trouble to ship to Norcal for me, which I am super appreciative of!  A+++!

Glad to see this Ficus 'Lowland" variety go to a very good home/ grower!!! I'm glad it arrived in tip top shape Ben, Thanks for the continued support A :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ben in Norcal

I love it when a dammarropsis hits my doorstep!  2nd from Josh this year, and this one is MEATY!  Thanks dude!!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O
On 10/2/2018, 12:25:45, Ben in Norcal said:

I love it when a dammarropsis hits my doorstep!  2nd from Josh this year, and this one is MEATY!  Thanks dude!!!!

my pleasure bruddah!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Josh-O

Thanks for coming by Charlie :)  you got a lot of cool stuff including all those nice Cuban and Puerto Rican.....happy planting :greenthumb:

IMG_2646.JPG.2b23d8763cb1c700f7979b01328IMG_2647.JPG.b938f11a579c698f41d8b4d7d20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×