Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Brantley Palms

5 posts in this topic

Bryant Brantley has some great deals on fields of Butia odorata palms. He has started venturing into other cold hardy palms as well. He gave me a great deal on a nice field dug trunking Trachyocarpus fortunei and threw in some extra potted palms as well. He was a genuinely nice guy who was a pleasure to do businesswith. He hand dug, wrapped, and tractor loaded my palm with a lot of expertise. ..almost no roots were cut in the process. He is located in Perry Florida on some nice farmland.

Thanks David!

So far I've bought one palm from Bryant. It looked great, as described and he was quick to update me on shipment. As David said, he's widening his inventory and has quite some interesting plants for us cold hardy gardeners, including one hybrid palm which you most likely wont find anywhere else! I'll definitely be buying again, especially if more hybrids are included B)

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016‎ ‎11‎:‎26‎:‎54‎, smithgn said:

So far I've bought one palm from Bryant. It looked great, as described and he was quick to update me on shipment. As David said, he's widening his inventory and has quite some interesting plants for us cold hardy gardeners, including one hybrid palm which you most likely wont find anywhere else! I'll definitely be buying again, especially if more hybrids are included B)

Thank you! I am working hard on expanding my inventory and into more hybrids as well.

Would anyone have a contact or location?

Thank you, Frank

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Bloemfontein Palm Garden
      By Marius
      My garden is situated against an East facing slope of Grant's Hill in Bloemfontein, South Africa.  Bloemfontein has hot dry summers (summer rainfall) and cold winters down to -10 degrees Celsius. My garden's microclimate is more a 9b though.  My lowest temperature this past winter was -0.9 degrees Celsius. The flat ( lower lying areas) recorded -9 degrees Celsius. 
      I moved into this house about 3 and a half years ago. The beginnings of the garden was cleaning up and eradicating alien invasive species and weeds. I started in the back and concentrated on South African indigenous plants. Now that that is settled I'm starting to add palms. The front and sides are now only starting with cleanup and planting in some areas.
      i have 33 palm species thus far.   Herewith some pictures. I'll add as the summer and the garden progresses.  
      These three pics are of the back garden planted with SA plants:

• ID required: Syagrus?
      By Marius
      Hi Everyone
      Another mystery palm.  Can anyone please help with identifying this palm.  I suspect it is a Syagrus sp.  Coronata?  Is there a green form?

• ID required: Trithrinax sp?
      By Marius
      Hi Everyone
      Can anyone please assist with identifying this palm.  I suspect it is Trithrinax  schizophylla.

• Excellent palm garden in PNW
      By Palm crazy
      A friend and I went to see a palm garden in Browns Pointe WA. The garden is on a hill overlooking Puget Sound and is a solid 8b/9a. The last six year the lows have been 25F-27F. The gardeners are Vlad and Chris Shakov. The rope lighting on some of the palms is to help keep them warmer in winter and the owner says he gets more palm leaves this way. Lots of photos.
      Brahea armata

• Chronicles of a Cold Hardy Temecula Garden
      By trees4p
      Good morning!
      We moved to Temecula a little over two years ago. Me and my wife have been gardening for about 20 years and have lived a lot of places. Each time we moved we did our own landscaping. My wife picked most of the plants. I did most of the labor. This worked well for us. We traveled to hundreds of nurseries far and wide, picking up knowledge along the way. We often traveled just to see plants. But all this time we never got in to palms. Then we moved to Temecula and there was this strange palm in the front yard we had never noticed before. Come to find it's a Bismark Palm. That sparked my interest (aka obsession) in palms. We both had a goal for HEAVY tropical landscaping around our pool build so away we went. Our backyard was basically stripped to the ground save for two neglected queen palms, two crape myrte behind our fence, and a DEVIL plant (aka bougainvillea, more on that later). We are lucky in that our neighbors have lots of mature queen palms giving us a head start. Creating a tropical paradise on a budget on a ~7500 sq ft lot in too hot/too cold Temecula isn't going to be easy.
      This forum was invaluable in identifying cold hardy species for our climate, water and nutrient needs, growth rates, vendors, you name it. We love the before and after photos with years of growth identified. We've been taking pictures for our own memories but just the other day my wife wisely suggested it was time to give back. I'm still learning about palms so please feel free to chime in with your experiences! Here we go ...