Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Brantley Palms

5 posts in this topic

Bryant Brantley has some great deals on fields of Butia odorata palms. He has started venturing into other cold hardy palms as well. He gave me a great deal on a nice field dug trunking Trachyocarpus fortunei and threw in some extra potted palms as well. He was a genuinely nice guy who was a pleasure to do businesswith. He hand dug, wrapped, and tractor loaded my palm with a lot of expertise. ..almost no roots were cut in the process. He is located in Perry Florida on some nice farmland.

Thanks David!

So far I've bought one palm from Bryant. It looked great, as described and he was quick to update me on shipment. As David said, he's widening his inventory and has quite some interesting plants for us cold hardy gardeners, including one hybrid palm which you most likely wont find anywhere else! I'll definitely be buying again, especially if more hybrids are included B)

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016‎ ‎11‎:‎26‎:‎54‎, smithgn said:

So far I've bought one palm from Bryant. It looked great, as described and he was quick to update me on shipment. As David said, he's widening his inventory and has quite some interesting plants for us cold hardy gardeners, including one hybrid palm which you most likely wont find anywhere else! I'll definitely be buying again, especially if more hybrids are included B)

Thank you! I am working hard on expanding my inventory and into more hybrids as well.

Would anyone have a contact or location?

Thank you, Frank

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Just ordered my Chamaerops humilis var. cerifera!!!
      By mdsonofthesouth
      So on a whim I checked out my wishlist at plant delights nursery and saw that the Chamaerops humilis var. cerifera were being sold again! I have been looking to get these to match my standard chamerops humilis for a while now. So I promptly ordered 2 (might order more lol) to start with and will be garage "greenhouse" keeping them until at least March 2018. Depending on size and health come spring will determine if I plant or just pot up again and "greenhouse" them for another winter. Eitherway great way to spend your lunch break!
    • How I "winterize" my palms
      By mdsonofthesouth
      Hey yall just wanted to show you what I do to protect my palms here in Maryland that seemed to work for my chamerops humilis. Should hopefully work on the trachycarpus and maybe even the livistona chinensis.  Really hoping I can get all of them through the winter! Canopy coming in December hopefully to help keep all the cold rain we get out of the crown. Wish me luck lol.

• Are they the same palm or different?
      By mdsonofthesouth
      Sabal x texensis 'Brazoria' or Sabal minor var. louisiana. They both seem to come from relatively close to each other as well as sharing the same hardiness. Both are trunking and both might come from a hybridization of palmetto and minor. Please someone educate me on these palms Im considering them, but dont want a minor/trunkless palm outside needles and the sabal minor my grandma gave me. Thanks!
    • Some Myrtle Beach palms
      By Brad Mondel
      I found a Phoenix reclinata at Broadway at the beach, a nice microclimate:

zone 8b. If you’re interested I have more pictures of other palms as well. 
    • What temp should I really worry at?
      By mdsonofthesouth
      I know the Livistona chinensis isnt going to do well where I am, but the clump was cheap as dirt and I planted it anyways. Worst case its a perennial until I can get my seedling sabal minor to a plantation size. But what temperature should I start worrying about this clump? I might just do a permanent greenhouse for it so it will have a head start in 2018 and will trunk better than it has this year. 

I have 7 trachycarpus fortunei that are well rooted and while all have put out several fronds since march (feel like even the slower ones have put out 10+ ythis year but Ive been bad at recording progress) Im worried about their first winter. While some have started putting out large fronds starting in early summer, and all have a good rooting I want to protect my investment and will be doing mulching + rope lights on the mulch + canopy to prevent wet feet. What temps should I worry about these first year palms? I know they will be fine in a few years but Id like to know what yall think from your experiences. The tag said hardy to 10F per Home Depot and I know the stats online, but these are a fresh plantation as of march 2017 and any insight from those who have done marginal plantation would be much appreciated.

As an FYI for my chamerops humilis I used 15F as the marker for the temp greenhouse and that worked very well as that palm even grew during the winter! Thanks yall!