Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Brantley Palms

5 posts in this topic

Bryant Brantley has some great deals on fields of Butia odorata palms. He has started venturing into other cold hardy palms as well. He gave me a great deal on a nice field dug trunking Trachyocarpus fortunei and threw in some extra potted palms as well. He was a genuinely nice guy who was a pleasure to do businesswith. He hand dug, wrapped, and tractor loaded my palm with a lot of expertise. ..almost no roots were cut in the process. He is located in Perry Florida on some nice farmland.

Thanks David!

So far I've bought one palm from Bryant. It looked great, as described and he was quick to update me on shipment. As David said, he's widening his inventory and has quite some interesting plants for us cold hardy gardeners, including one hybrid palm which you most likely wont find anywhere else! I'll definitely be buying again, especially if more hybrids are included B)

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016‎ ‎11‎:‎26‎:‎54‎, smithgn said:

So far I've bought one palm from Bryant. It looked great, as described and he was quick to update me on shipment. As David said, he's widening his inventory and has quite some interesting plants for us cold hardy gardeners, including one hybrid palm which you most likely wont find anywhere else! I'll definitely be buying again, especially if more hybrids are included B)

Thank you! I am working hard on expanding my inventory and into more hybrids as well.

Would anyone have a contact or location?

Thank you, Frank

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Windmill troubles
      By kbob11
      I bought this bare rooted windmill a couple of weeks ago and it looked great aside from a few bent fronds. I skipped one day watering and came home to it looking awful and shriveled. The center spear is still firm but all of the fronds are looking more and more dead by the day. Is this a really bad case of transplant shock? The soil and pot are well draining and I put in some slow release palm fertilizer. Thoughts? I really hope it pulls through.

• PNW exotic garden 8b
      By Palm crazy
      Here is Dan Hinkley's garden in WA state. The garden is close to Puget Sound and is a solid 8b garden. 7 acres of garden and nursery at his home. This garden is overwhelming with rare and unusual plants. This is just one type of garden style here.  Hope you enjoy the pics. 

• Sunquat/Lemonquat Variegated New Branch
      By Fusca
      Here is my sunquat/lemonquat that has recently added a new branch which is variegated.  It showed virtually no damage after our ultimate low of 20º F this past January.  I grew it from seed and the mother plant showed no variegation.  Is this common?  I have had other plants purchased as variegated plants (such as Chinese privet - Ligustrum sinense 'Variegata') which often has normal new growth as they tend to revert back but I've never seen the opposite before.
      Jon

• Chamaerops humilis var. cerifera  Spring 2018
      By Palm crazy
      I have a total of seven chamaerops humilis var. cerifera in the garden and here they all are. This palm is one of the hardiest palms out there.  All pictures were taken this week. 

• Do Florida Grown Palms Do Well In The Carolinas?
      By PalmTreeDude
      Since a lot of palms are grown in Florida and shipped up north, do palms grown in Florida do well in the Carolinas? For example, if a palm (let's say Butia, that has experience nothing below 30 degrees F) is shipped from Florida to somewhere like Myrtle Beach, will it end up burning in the winters?