IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Awesome New IPS Newsletter - Mt. Gower Hike

Kim

Mod Edit: Another nicely done and interesting IPS Newsletter. I moved this to the Main Forum and have "pinned" it because it is so good. Great Job Kim.

Read the complete details of the Mt. Gower hike from the perspective of Troy Donovan in the company of Darold Petty.

post-216-0-20992700-1429534532_thumb.png

http://online.flipbuilder.com/IPS/vrgq/

*** follow the link above to read the flipbook format

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Tremendous!

John Case

Brentwood CA

Owner and curator of Hana Keu Garden

USDA Zone 9b more or less, Sunset Zone 14 in winter 9 in summer

"Its always exciting the first time you save the world. Its a real thrill!"

Too bad about the orthers bad spelling ! ! LOL

I highly recommended the Mt Gower walk as a once in a lifetime experience for any palm society member !

Old Beach ,Hobart
Tasmania ,Australia. 42 " south
Cool Maritime climate

awesome!!!!

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

Kim, great job putting this together. :greenthumb:

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

Thanks everyone, but most of the credit goes to Tassie Troy, who was so willing to give me the writeup and share the excitement of the adventure. No worries about spelling, Troy, your enthusiasm carried the article! :)

Did you all follow the link to Ball's Pyramid? :bemused: It has its own interesting side story. :mrlooney:

The Newsletter has a continuing need for palm-related content. If you have photos from a recent adventure with even the slightest degree of palm information, please, please, please contact me! If you have a story about growing a certain palm, or have discovered something interesting about a palm you grow, please, let's get it in the Newsletter. Palm art? Anyone here doing palm-related art? I am actively seeking artists and photos of their work for an article. Palm travel, palms at home, palms in your salad, palm-loaded vehicles? Send me a photo, send me a recipe.

Actually, I think vehicles loaded with palms would be a fabulous idea! And I know many of you have taken photos of your cars and trucks stuffed with palms. Please email them to me: kimberley(dot)b(dot)cyr(at)gm--l.com I hope you can decipher that email, I'm trying to avoid spam...

Thanks everyone, you and your palms are the story.

Kim Cyr

All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

NCPS member Edith Bergstrom's beautiful palm art can be viewed on the following website:

http://www.palmpaintings.com/menu.htm

Glenn

Modesto, California

Sunset Zone 14   USDA 9b

Low Temp. 19F/-7C 12-20-1990         

High Temp. 111F/43C 07-23-2006

Annual Average Precipitation 13.12 inches/yr.

NCPS member Edith Bergstrom's beautiful palm art can be viewed on the following website:

http://www.palmpaintings.com/menu.htm

Yes, sent her an email yesterday. :)

Kim Cyr

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the latest in my email....love the flip book format!

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil