IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Need Palm Sitter on Big Island, Hawaii

LilikoiLee

Mike and I will be going to Madagascar in October and will need a KNOWLEDGEABLE garden sitter while we are away. The person will be able to stay in our house and have use of our truck so he/she/they can tour the multiple beautiful palm gardens on the island. We have been told that pests probably won't get out of hand in a month's time but we love our garden and don't want to risk losing plants while we are gone.

The down side is that we have 500 palms and multiple other species of plants. The palms will need the most scrutiny and care (mostly watering). You would also probably have to spend three to four hours per day doing light maintenance every other day removing dead fronds, checking and eliminating white fly and scale.

We also will need a pet sitter but think we already have an on-island person who will not need to stay in the house. Our pets have their own 'house' so people with allergies probably won't have to worry about that. However the pet sitter will need access to the house to use the bathroom and other water facilities.

If you are interested in this 'job' please contact me at LilikoiLee@gmail.com with your resume (just joking).

Lee

Lee

Located at 1500' elevation in Kona on the west side of the Big Island of Hawaii.

Average annual rainfall is about 60"; temperature around 80 degrees.

Sounds like a dream if I lived a little closer,

Same for me

Lee, I am sure you need a swiss jeune-fille-au-pair :)

5809129ecff1c_P1010385copie3.JPG.15aa3f5

Philippe

Jungle Paradise in Sri Lanka

I would love to, but.............

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

But what? :mrlooney:

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

But...... I don't think they could afford me to travel so far. You would love it, the Big Island would never be the same! Lol.

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.