IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Jurassic Garden/A&A Cycads/Maurice Levin

Ben in Norcal

Hi All,

I take negative feedback very seriously, but I feel obligated to raise a flag regarding Jurassic Garden/A&A Cycads. There seem to be some significant issues over there at the minute. I put in an order on February 8th, 2015, and after many attempts to track down status, I finally received PART of my order on 3/21/15 (6 weeks later.) The order was incomplete, with items on the 2nd page excluded, and I am now attempting to track down status of the remainder. Also, I was not sent a promised "freebie" that was supposed to be a "thank you" for patience during the extraordinary shipping delay.

I can't comment on this operation outside of this one order - I was enticed to try them by a 75% off sale - but the responsiveness and communication has not been up to the standard of other great growers/vendors on this site.

I realize this post might affect Jurassic Garden's business, but I cannot in clear conscience not flag the experience with this vendor, at least to date. At a minimum, I would recommend getting a clear commitment from this vendor on a shipping date, prior to sending any money.

I will update this if I do end up getting the rest of my order/adequate resolution without resorting to a PayPal claim.

Ben

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

Wish I could say I haven't lived this myself. Unfortunately have to say from my personal experiences that this vendor lacks follow through and integrity.

Ben, i hope you get what you paid for after all this time. Its pretty disgusting that they are more than happy to take your money but when it comes to delivering the goods they start slacking. I wouldnt be concerned about affecting thier business, your in your right.

Will

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update...I finally received my remaining plants today, 2 months to the day after the original order. So, I finally have the plants. However, 2 of the 3 Parajubaea are quite desiccated/stressed, and I give them less than 50% chance of survival. I've spent enough time on all of this, so what happens, happens - but buyer beware.

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

I've never have purchased a plant unseen or had one shipped. I go to a nursery or plant show, buy it, put it in the truck and go. Sorry just don't trust folks when it comes to plants. I gotta see it, gotta touch it.

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

• 10 months later...

Hi Ben,

Thank you for posting your experience.  Same here.  I placed an order in January and finally called Visa to cancel it this morning after waiting a month for them to ship or respond to my calls/e-mails.  Not sure what is going on there but they were completely unresponsive and held the order for over a month without shipping or letting me know what was going on. I don't want to bash them since they seem like good guys and have been around for a while but it was a pretty bad experience.  Maybe it's just a temporary problem.  

Oops.  Just noticed that you posted a year ago.  It seems Jurassic Garden's problems are longstanding.  Probably better to deal with someone else...

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I too had a very bad experience with Maurice.  Took 2 months to finally track someone down after a dozen phone calls. Product was completly different than my order and junk once received. Total waste of my money. 

• Upvote 2

I have personally never bought anything from this guy.

But I will say I was close to buying a couple rare trees. He gave me the complete run around and texted me picture of threes that were different than on his website.

I was a bit bummed out :( 

not gonna buy anytime soon 

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

• 11 months later...

My brother sent some money through MoneyGram since 2007-2009. Worth USD 3000 gradually from middle east. Never heard anything from this nursery. When he cancelled Maurice never admit that he received that amount. He admitted only USD 300. May those amounts rotten your lives.