IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Mayweather vs Pacquiao ....

trioderob

5 years too late...will be two geezers playing patty cake.

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane / To chase you anywhere

--Avett Bros

Hmm.

Maybe I'm being a bit jaded, but it appears boxing is a bit passe? The last match I can remember is when Mikey T bit that guy's earlobe and took a chunk out of it.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Boring fight

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

July/August average 95f/63f

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Average lowest winter temp 27f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f

are you guys kidding ?

one is the WBO champ the other is the WBC champ.

They are rated today as the #1 and #3 "pound for pound" fighters in the world

Edited by trioderob

are you guys kidding ?

Perhaps no one cares?

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Don't think I have ever watched a boxing match in my life. Watching 2 people beat the crap out of each other just doesn't appeal to me, unless of course one is holding a football.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

I agree--this should have been the timing for the third fight, not the first; Mayweather held out until Pacquiao lost a step or two. Another point is Mayweather is a despicable human being and the thought of him making money on me or any of us is gross--that and he is a boring fighter; no power, just technical skill that bores you to death or the end of the 12th round--whichever comes first. Dave is also right--boxing is dead; those who like that sort of thing have gone to MMA and even that scene is watered down now. For most of us, Football is violent enough and maybe a bit too violent. Anyone see Mr. Ali in the past 10 years? What a turn--off! Besides, boxing no longer rings true or authentic as pretty much all fights in today's world end up on the ground or include guns...

Watching 2 people beat the crap out of each other just doesn't appeal to me, unless of course one is holding a football.

Keith, I suppose mixed martial arts (MMA) is not your thing either :winkie:.

I want to see this fight but agree it's at least a few years too late. Both are still highly ranked but becoming shadows of what they were half decade ago.

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

Liked those MMA fights back in the very beginning....before you knew which styles would win....big huge sumo wrestlers against little skinny Thai kick boxers etc. .... remember everyone being amazed at Joyce Gracie winning what seemed like impossible fights with his back on the mat. Ahh the good ol' days.

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

Watching 2 people beat the crap out of each other just doesn't appeal to me, unless of course one is holding a football.

Keith, I suppose mixed martial arts (MMA) is not your thing either :winkie:.

Yes Ray, you are right. Not sure why really, I am a bit out of normal male character there, I suppose. Most MMA fights, to me, just look like a street brawl without weapons. However, I do like some of the more traditional martial arts competitions. I even went to Taekwondo classes for a while, but I think Kung fu might have kept me interested longer as there seemed to me more philosophy behind it in additional to the physical aspects. Unfortunately, back then no one local was teaching it locally.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

are you guys kidding ?

Perhaps no one cares?

than why will it be the biggest money fight of all time ?

I agree--this should have been the timing for the third fight, not the first; Mayweather held out until Pacquiao lost a step or two. Another point is Mayweather is a despicable human being and the thought of him making money on me or any of us is gross--that and he is a boring fighter; no power, just technical skill that bores you to death or the end of the 12th round--whichever comes first. Dave is also right--boxing is dead; those who like that sort of thing have gone to MMA and even that scene is watered down now. For most of us, Football is violent enough and maybe a bit too violent. Anyone see Mr. Ali in the past 10 years? What a turn--off! Besides, boxing no longer rings true or authentic as pretty much all fights in today's world end up on the ground or include guns...

could you possibly be any more negative ?

take a look at the stats on how many cheer leaders are killed in falls - then compare to boxing deaths

could you possibly be any more negative ?

take a look at the stats on how many cheer leaders are killed in falls - then compare to boxing deaths

Dang, triode, I thought that was a killer take--can you find me wrong in any of it? By the way, it really perturbs me when people mix up their 'then' and 'than'... especially when someone is claiming to know something--it really just removes all credence to a person's point.

I used to watch David Carridine in "Kung Fu" every week. I even watched "Hong Kong Phooey". It was always more better watching the lighter weight guys fight in the Olympics, faster with more technique. I know the coach and family of the current National Silver Gloves champ for age 14 and under. But I never watched him box. It is not my thing. I think it is a sport that is kind of passe'.

So many species,

so little time.

Coconut Creek, Florida

Zone 10b (Zone 11 except for once evey 10 or 20 years)

Last Freeze: 2011,50 Miles North of Fairchilds

you guys are correct- nobody likes boxing.

the two opponents are old and slow

nobody is interested in the fight.

compared to athletes in other sports they will make a small amount of money