IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

HUGE sabal domingensis 5 gals-CHEAP!!!

Josh-O

Howdy folks, I have a few fatty 5 gal sabal domingensis for sale. This palm can take temps down to 10 F (that's Zone 8a) This is a bullet proof grower for California and looks super cool when they get big.

I'm only asking 45.00 ea. USD. Call or text Josh at 626-278-6388 or send me a PM. Local pick up only.

Thanks for looking :greenthumb:

post-7434-0-56302400-1423104452_thumb.jp

post-7434-0-37979200-1423104471_thumb.jp already showing a slight bluish hue

post-7434-0-44336600-1423104501_thumb.jp

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

have you cousin pick up some. I'v already been bombarded with PM's since the post. The good news is I have a bunch.

I brought a few of these to the last PSSC palm auction and they were going for almost 70.00 bucks

Sunset zone 24

I got a couple of Sabal's from Josh last weekend, he has some really cool stuff by the way, and they look great! Josh, one question I got so caught up in the moment I forgot which Sabal this is (see pic). I thought it was S. domingensis but you thought I bought S. minor, what do you think? Either way I am quite happy with the palms, I already have the both Sabals (Blackburniana and "attach") in the ground as well as the R. glaca and P. toralyii. The L. rigida and B. armata will probably go in this weekend. The attached Sabal was literally busting out of its pot!

post-2037-0-59880000-1423149823_thumb.jp

post-2037-0-73835000-1423149869_thumb.jp

Carl

Vista, CA

Nice palm that grows into a rewarding beauty. Best part is you don't have to fuss about cultivation requirements like many other palms. Spoken from experience

post-1729-0-70724300-1423150000.jpgpost-1729-0-81864900-1423150017.jpgpost-1729-0-65481800-1423150039.jpg

post-1729-0-98356300-1423150055.jpgpost-1729-0-07834600-1423150073.jpgpost-1729-0-30444900-1423150093.jpg

Sorry for the small images. You can go to the link below at posts #67 & 69 if you desire enlarged images

http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/43954-waiting-on-keith/page-2

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

This is a nice Sabal, and very pretty.

Get them in the ground!

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

I got a couple of Sabal's from Josh last weekend, he has some really cool stuff by the way, and they look great! Josh, one question I got so caught up in the moment I forgot which Sabal this is (see pic). I thought it was S. domingensis but you thought I bought S. minor, what do you think? Either way I am quite happy with the palms, I already have the both Sabals (Blackburniana and "attach") in the ground as well as the R. glaca and P. toralyii. The L. rigida and B. armata will probably go in this weekend. The attached Sabal was literally busting out of its pot!

Just sent you a PM

Sunset zone 24

This is a nice Sabal, and very pretty.

Get them in the ground!

agreed Mr Doom.

Sunset zone 24

Nice palm that grows into a rewarding beauty. Best part is you don't have to fuss about cultivation requirements like many other palms. Spoken from experience

attachicon.gifs dom 1.jpgattachicon.gifs dom 2.jpgattachicon.gifs dom 3.jpg

attachicon.gifs dom 4.jpgattachicon.gifs dom 5.jpgattachicon.gifs dom 6.jpg

Sorry for the small images. You can go to the link below at posts #67 & 69 if you desire enlarged images

Nicely grown moose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope my future garden will someday be a nice as yours. What sabal species are these in your lovely pic's?

Sunset zone 24

attachicon.gifs dom 1.jpgattachicon.gifs dom 2.jpgattachicon.gifs dom 3.jpg

attachicon.gifs dom 4.jpgattachicon.gifs dom 5.jpgattachicon.gifs dom 6.jpg

Nicely grown moose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope my future garden will someday be a nice as yours. What sabal species are these in your lovely pic's?

Ah, Sabal domingensis, future stature of the palms being sold at a good price,

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

I still have about 5-6 left. come get'em! 40.00 is a steal for a 15 gal sized plant in a 5 gal container

Sunset zone 24

• 3 weeks later...

I have 4 left. come get'em :greenthumb:

Sunset zone 24

• 4 weeks later...

bump, I have 3 left

Sunset zone 24

• 5 weeks later...

I have 2 left

Sunset zone 24

• 1 month later...

still have 2 left

Sunset zone 24

Hi Scott,

I have them at my house

Sunset zone 24

Great, just may have to snag one when I'm there if you have any left...and I have room in the truck.

Scott, come via Norcal on the way home and bring me stuff from Josh! :mrlooney:

LOL, Although I love that area you live in, pretty sure not going to be that far north.

Visiting daughter in San Diego where she is stationed and then to Palm Springs on our way back to visit sister that just moved there.

Last road trip out that way a year ago I managed to stuff over 30 palms of various sizes from various vendors in my truck. Even I was surprised I had that many.

Edited by sashaeffer

LOL, Although I love that area you live in, pretty sure not going to be that far north.

Visiting daughter in San Diego where she is stationed and then to Palm Springs on our way back to visit sister that just moved there.

Last road trip out that way a year ago I managed to stuff over 30 palms of various sizes from various vendors in my truck. Even I was surprised I had that many.

Ah well, it was worth a try! :mrlooney: Hope you enjoy the trip. Expect to see some PRA pics!

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

Ah well, it was worth a try! :mrlooney: Hope you enjoy the trip. Expect to see some PRA pics!

Ben, That would be cool if Scott did a side trip and visited some of the gardens in your area....

Sunset zone 24

Consider it done :greenthumb:

Sunset zone 24