IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Traveller's Palm's (Ravenala madagascariensis) real nice

Josh-O

If you are looking for a nice companion / canopy plant or to just simply put a stunning plant in you garden. I have a couple traveller's Palm's (Ravenala madagascariensis) that are full sun grown I'm selling off. I'm only asking for 125.00 USD. Local pick up only in Carlsbad Ca. Call or text me at 626-278-6388. you can also send me a PM. Thanks for looking. :greenthumb:

post-7434-0-89271800-1417930830_thumb.jp

post-7434-0-64690600-1417930848_thumb.jp

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

Hi Ron, Great question!! To answer your question these were full sun grown in Florida. The pictures above are the traveller's Palm's staged up in a holding area awaiting to pass Ag inspection at my friends nursery (which they all did) I'm guessing they were in that holding area under plastic for about 3-4 days maximum.I have had now these plants for over 4 months here in California full sun, and during the recent heat waves and they are in excellent condition.

Sunset zone 24

Please come get mine

Please come get mine

LOL.... I know they are pretty common in your part of the country but here in California you really don't see them that much.

Sunset zone 24

We just have a lot of Strelitzia nicolai which look quite similar when small, but yes, I haven't seen many Traveller's Trees around here.

Edited by Pando

There is a nice one in the shade in balboa park across the street from the organ pavilion

Paradise Hills, 4 miles inland, south facing slope in the back, north facing yard in the front

Pete, I know the plant. Its pretty old and looks pretty good for California standards.

Sunset zone 24

We just have a lot of Strelitzia nicolai which look quite similar when small, but yes, I haven't seen many Traveller's Trees around here.

I totally agree.

Sunset zone 24

• 2 weeks later...

I now only have 3 left. makes a great companion/canopy palnt

Sunset zone 24

• 1 month later...

If anyone is interested I have ONLY 1 left

Sunset zone 24