IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Who has the cheapest gas prices?

JEFF IN MODESTO

$2.11 a gal here in modesto!

Wow, for Cali that is incredible.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Then you'll get a kick out of this!

post-116-0-69891800-1421433379_thumb.jpg

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

July/August average 95f/63f

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Average lowest winter temp 27f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f

Oil is up today - do you think we have seen the bottom already ?

Energy
Crude Oil (WTI)47.72+1.47 (+3.18%)13:30
Crude Oil (Brent)49.39+1.12 (+2.32%)13:26

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

Energy

Not so fast I don't think, I read that oil was up because of some maneuvering at the Swiss bank. Looks like the boost might not really be based on solid ground.

I'l telll you what though, some of the gas stations around sure were quick to post a 20 cent boost in gas prices, funny how that works.

Corpus Christi, TX, near salt water, zone 9b/10a! Except when it isn't and everything gets nuked.

saw cheap gas for California standards the other day at Chevron @ 2.59

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

In the last 6 months my truck would cost me 105.00 for a fill up and now it coasts 88.00..I'll take it :greenthumb:

Sunset zone 24

My Dodge Ram has a 28 gal tank.

So it's less than $60 to fill up.

I once paid $130 to fill it up.

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

I saw this article too, the low price of oil also has broad economic repercussions, it affects all of us, and it isn't all positive although we all enjoy the price at the pump. It's a mixed bag for sure.

Corpus Christi, TX, near salt water, zone 9b/10a! Except when it isn't and everything gets nuked.

It is gonna be tough in my area for lots of workers in the Gulf Coast.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Some see a glass as half empty, I see it as half full.

Forecasts that I read is that by the end of 2015 the U.S. will have recaptured the top spot in oil production.

It takes workers to do this.

Don't get me wrong, the fat cat oil companies will have to work harder to get rich, but their loss is someone else's gain.

Jeff

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f

saw gas at an Arco for 2.29

Sunset zone 24

Energy

I sure hope not--Nostrovia!

Finally............$1.99

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

Here is something interesting

If oil drops below $30 a barrel, brace for a global recession

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/economy/if-oil-drops-below-dollar30-a-barrel-brace-for-a-global-recession/ar-AA8tW0j

Topped off my tank @ $2.06 per gallon just around the corner. Where I get the cheap gas is 7 miles north on my way to the free municipal mulch. I suspect those three Hialeah stations on opposing corners are hovering @ the 1.99 mark.

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

1.96 is the cheapest I have seen around here. A new WaWa opned near downtown yesterday by my moms house and she texted they have it for 1.89.

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

Glad to see diesel dropping too. I bout an old Mercedes 300D back in 2007. Diesel was 2.75 then. At peak it was about 5.05 around here. It has dropped back to 2.75-2.80.

Eric

Orlando, FL

zone 9b/10a

Paid $1.76 today, that's a new low.

urk

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Slowly dropping here, even after the jan 1 tax increase .

post-116-0-98091300-1422086510_thumb.jpg

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f

Down to $2.02 at a couple places in modesto.

I see oil looks to stabilizing at just under $49ers a bbl.

Here in Oahu , lowest I found was $2.97 gal

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f

We broke the sub $2 gal level in moooodestoo!

post-116-0-75257500-1422490295_thumb.jpg

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f

Funny how the oil prices bumped up a little.

The gas stations fly out to change the pump price.

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f

And they boosted up the price way above a proportional increase compared to the bump in oil price, at least that's the way it happened around here.

Yup... That's how they roll.

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f

$1.96 at the nearest 7-11 down the street last night.. $2.09 today.. Too good to last of course :indifferent:

-Nathan

$1.99 a gal to $2.15 gallon in 2 days.

Don't get me wrong, $2.15 a gallon is way better than the $4.99 a gal I once paid or the $8.00 I've heard some places in Europe.

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f

At Costco in Kona I paid $2.55 a gallon a few days ago.

Hawaii Island (Big Island), leeward coast, 19 degrees N. latitude, south Kona mauka at approx. 380m (1,250 ft.) and about 1.6 km (1-mile) upslope from ocean.

No record of a hurricane passing over this island (yet!).  

Summer maximum rainfall - variable averaging 900-1150mm (35-45") - Perfect drainage on black volcanic rocky soil.  

Nice sunsets!

Don't blink.

The price of oil is see sawing by 10 percent per day.

Gas stations around here a very quick to raise prices, but very slow to drop them.

I saw one station by my house raise the price of gas 15% the day oil prices rose 10%, then hold steady the next day when the price of oil when down even more.

My gut feeling is that oil will even out at $50-$60 bbl,which generally equates to $2.29 a gal in my area.

I'm ok with that!

Btw... ever wonder why I care so much about the price of gas? I drive a Dodge Ram 4x4.... get a sad 10 mpg.

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f

Here as the price of oil has increased about 10%, the price of gasoline shot up 22%. It's quite a bit more expensive now at the current oil price as it was at the same oil price when prices were headed down.

It was down to 99c a litre here for the last couple of weeks. Yesterday the price went up 20% to 1.19 a litre...

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

Daryl .... That's pretty steep.

I think ours equals out to 55c a liter after they bumped the prices up.

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f

• 2 weeks later...

In just 10 days the price of oil rose 10 percent, but the cost of gas jumped 20 percent sometimes as much as 20 cents in one day.

I'm guessing its due to the new taxes that started jan 1st.

I asked many people , "Who benifets from this tax hike?"

Seems no one knows the answer , sad to see our gov is just taxing, because he can!

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f

Prices are creeping up here in l'Tierra d'La La.

About $2.40 at Costco the other day.

I wonder if the strikes are affecting the price at the pump.

The United Steelworkers represents about 30,000 workers at refineries, terminals, petrochemical plants and pipelines across the country. This includes 63 refineries that account for about two thirds of domestic capacity. The strike began January 31 with 3,800 workers walking out at nine refineries, expanded in early February with 1,400 workers at two more refineries, and will expand again tonight with 1,350 workers at three Motiva refineries in Port Arthur, Texas and Convent and Norco, Louisiana, and a Shell Chemical plant in Norco. All of the refineries have continued to operate with replacement workers except one that is in a scheduled maintenance shutdown. These striking refineries account for about 18% of domestic capacity.

$2.77 at COSTCO in La Habra

regular, as opposed to needing a laxative