IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Foxy Lady Palm Miracle

robsp2000

I bought a Foxy Lady Palm seedling on ebay last September. It had about 4 leaves when I got it and looked pretty good. I potted it and right away two leaves browned up. A month or so later the 3rd turned brown. A couple of weeks ago the last leaf was just about dead. I kept checking the trunk but it seemed like the roots were strong. I was about to throw it out and after full year later, I noticed a new leaf start to emerge. I can't believe it did nothing for a year and survived and is now growing again.

post-7594-0-15774600-1409495557_thumb.jp

As one can see on the pic, the two remaining leaves were not completely brown. That would have given me hope during all that time. I also have a few palms in pots that are in a similar state (e.g. a Veitchia arecina, Johannesteijsmannia magnifica and Licuala cordata (sic!)). Still hoping to see a new leaf emerging some day.

I guess yours had to get over the repotting shock.

Munich City

USDA Zone 7b

190 miles from next coast.

Elevation 1673ft (510m)

Average annual low temp: 9F (-13C)

Average annual rainfall: 40" (100cm)