IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

World UFO Day--Do You Believe?

sur4z

I am a believer and totally interested in the subject. There is a lot of junk and hoaxes to filter through but there is a core of sightings and encounters that are genuine.

I personally have had 2 daylight disc sightings. The first occurred when I was a kid, in third grade, 1976. My best friend then and I saw a silver disc flyby at rapid rate. That was what really got me interested in them. I was already interested because of a nighttime sighting a couple years earlier my family had. In brief a bright light followed our car late at night. We lived in the country and my mom was very spooked. Everytime she made a turn it stayed on pace and behind the car. Once she turned onto our street it just zipped off and disappeared

I also saw a silver disc darting in and out of the clouds while surfing at Cape Canaveral in 1992.

So there are 2 explanations and both involve the govt totally lying to us. Either they have super technology and there are no EBEs and they are keeping this from us. Or we are being visited.

IMO, the most logical answer is that our government, Russia, etc., has technology the general public doesn't know about. I'm totally unconvinced aliens from other worlds are visiting us. Logically, understanding that no type of living, warm blooded life could survive on any plant in our solar system, that would mean aliens would have to come here from beyond our solar system. If they were capable of coming here and then tracking our movements by following people in vehicles, their technology would be so far advanced over ours that we would be no threat at all to them. Further, if they were capable of such inter solar system transportation and so much more intellectually advanced, there would be no need to be playing furtive games with us. They could just manifest themselves to us without fear.

As far as seeing unexplained things, UFOs, etc., no doubt in my mind that happens frequently. I remember back when I was in the US Navy steaming through the Bermuda Triangle and we saw strange lights in the sky at night. This was in February of 1969. At that time I was a firm believer in all the Bermuda Triangle stories. Not any more, though. I believe in time everything can be explained. But I don't mind at all being proven wrong. To me, if it is ever proven in my lifetime that there is in fact life on other planets, I would be delighted to learn of it. I have no fear of it.

Mad about palms

Slightly off-topic but an interesting point was raised. It would be odd that life exists nowhere else but Earth, but flourishes so vibrantly here.

It's debatable, but I would say we have a duty to "seed" life on other uninhabited planets, just to ensure the existence of such an interesting phenomenon. I'm not a scientist, but I've heard of microorganisms called "extremophiles" that live thousands of feet below the surface, in boiling springs, some that digest Sulfur compounds rather than Carbon, etc. I wonder if such organisms could be spread via rockets and robotic landers to the Moon, Mars, Venus and survive.

Woodville, FL

zone 8b

Or possibly they have noticed that we pee on our palms and thought we might pee on them too

What if the aliens looked just like palm trees? They would be reading Palmtalk in abject terror. I'd love to capture a sentient palm tree for my garden!

Woodville, FL

zone 8b

A sentient palm tree? That's sounds like a dynamite horror movie plot. Just picture your garden now, eyes staring at you at every turn. Hope you've been treating them well!

Corpus Christi, TX, near salt water, zone 9b/10a! Except when it isn't and everything gets nuked.

A sentient palm tree? That's sounds like a dynamite horror movie plot. Just picture your garden now, eyes staring at you at every turn. Hope you've been treating them well!

What? You mean Palms aren't sentient. No wonder they never talk back when I chat away with them.

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages