Palms of the Miami biennial in 150 photos

46 posts in this topic

Jack, just echoing the sentiments of a job well done. I especially like the flow of the photos by location and biennial days. Armchair palm voyeurism at its best.

Robert

Thank you Jack for shearing, really great photos, and I know the effort you put to each one. Nice to meet you at the biennal, regards.

Gastón

Jack, I just saw these today and I loved every single photo!  I love seeing these palm´s from Florida.  Thanks for posting! 

Jack, I just looked through these again & the composition, depth of field & quality are outstanding.

-Randy

Thanks for the great comments! Including all of those that I've missed over the past couple years... It was a great biennial with a lot of fantastic palms!

Ahhh...good times!

Here's a photo I took at that Biennial... :D

DSC_3140.thumb.jpg.2342178fc0c500489d743

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Postcards from Colombia
      By Kim
      Hello from Cali, Colombia. It is the evening of the Farewell Dinner, but I will take a few minutes to post some pics from the adventure. Bo (bgl) and I spent a few days in Bogotá in advance of the Biennial. We visited the Jardín Botanico de Bogotá and also went up the teleférico to the top of Montserrate to take in views of the city. The elevation of the city is 8,675 ft. (2,644 m.) and the top of the hill is 10,341 ft. (3,152 m.), a good way to acclimate for hiking at lower levels to see Ceroxylon.

• Fairchild Tomorrow, Pro Tips?
      By Xerarch
      Down in central FL over the holidays, I think I’ve finally convinced my wife to let me make the trip down to Fairchild tomorrow 1-4-18. Not a lifelong dream but a years-long one at any rate. Anyway, who has some pro tips? Must see? Must avoid?
    • Palms and Critters
      By Yunder Wækraus
      Took a very brief trip to Fairchild with my family. Our favorite thing about the place is the wildlife (much of it naturalized reptiles from the tropics). Palms and critters do my heart good :-)

• My trips to South Florida & Key west.
      By DCA_Palm_Fan
      Recently I took several extended trips to South Florida & Key West.  Some are just palms, others are just nice photos I took and they almost all happen to have palms in them.    I'll do this in 5 or so photos per post when I can, and give an overview for each post.  So, with that, here they are. 

This first set is from my key west visit.  It was a 4 day 3 night visit with lots packed in it.  The photos I post here are only the tip of the ice berg.   There are many many many more and many videos as well.   Quite a few have not even made it to YouTube yet.  They will.  
      We left on 8/29 and drive down from Fort Lauderdale.  Fantastic weather and great day for that amazing drive.  If you have not been I highly suggest that when you do go, you do the drive.  It's stunning.   This was at the same time Hermine was skirting just south of Florida and move up just west of the keys.   The entire trip featured mostly beautiful but highly changeable  weather.  Constant winds of 25-35, with many times the first two days of periods of 45-50mph winds.  Very rough seas fire being protected by a reef. Blowing sand in places and lots of thunder and lightning especially at night. Most storms stayed offshore though and there was little rain for most of the trip.   Plenty of sun in between which made it very very warm if not hot at times.   Very much tropical weather. 
      First I'll start with the small "botanic garden" about one black from the very nice resort we stayed in on Fleming Street.  The garden is part of the property Monroe County Public Library, Key West branch near the corner of Fleming and William streets.  
      I will try to post the label marker for each tree first, then the tree next.  Many however were not labeled and there were a lot of label poles just sitting around needing to be appropriately placed.  It's a nice but very small little garden that's fairly packed.   It did however allear that it was in need of some TLC.    The last photo in the group did t have a label.  

• Scenes from the Biennial, July 2016 IPS Newsletter
      By Kim
      Click this link to read the July Newsletter.