IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Inflorescence of an Archontophoenix

Walter John

This palm is producing well and abides a few houses up the road, (Beerwah), I thought it looked great for the show and tell market in PT. Do you have similar ones in your hood ?, those that are in mid stream of pouring out ? Post them here if you like.

post-51-0-72095000-1399880886_thumb.jpg

post-51-0-72239000-1399880988_thumb.jpg

post-51-0-98701000-1399880912_thumb.jpg

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

The local A. alexandrae along the creeks around here all come out in flower, thousands of them en mass about a month ago......an impressive sight. Now waiting for the seed to ripen. Going to collect a heap.

Andrew,
Airlie Beach, Whitsundays

Tropical Queensland

The local A. alexandrae along the creeks around here all come out in flower, thousands of them en mass about a month ago......an impressive sight. Now waiting for the seed to ripen. Going to collect a heap.

Alex in habitat is a wonderful sight indeed Andrew. I think most palm people have never witnessed this so don't have a full appreciation of this palm. It's in gardens all over the world sure, but seeing them in their natural Queensland environment is such a buzz.

I thought this guy was at the right angle for the photo that's why I posted.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Very nice photos,thanks for sharing Wal! :)

I very much like A. alexandrae from the photos I have seen in habitat in Queensland and from the photos of it covering areas in Hawaii and putting out red new leafs! Mine also put out red new leafs certain seasons and it seems they are doing it far more frequently for me as they are growing larger :)

At what height do A. alexandrae usually start flowering?

''To try,is to risk failure.......To not try,is to guarantee it''