IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Open Events, Miami Biennial

Kim

It's taken some time to get the pricing from event planners and caterers, but here it is:

Sunday, May 25: Barbecue at Searle Brothers Nursery

6:00 PM $37 per person

Friday, May 30: Lunch at Montgomery Botanic Center

12:00 noon $48.75 per person

Anyone wishing to attend either or both events, please send me a PM with your email address.

Once I receive your request with email, you will be invoiced via email through PayPal.

Please note, all events must be reserved and pre-paid. Please. :) Thank you.

Time is of the essence. Caterers are requesting a final headcount by Monday, May 5, but I will press for a few extra days.

Spread the word!

Thank you for your patience, and I hope to see some of you PalmTalkers there.

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Please attend if you can, as I would enjoy meeting as many of you as possible and you know it would be fun!

Cindy Adair

Cindy I'm definitely interested in attending one of those events, of course I would like to meet as many PalmTalkers as possible so I'd be interested in knowing which event you expect to be attended by the most Biennial attendees and other PalmTalkers?

I'm extremely pleased that such arrangements have been made so we can all meet up and have some fun!

Thank you so much for your efforts!

You rock!

Palmdude

Edited by Palmdude

Rob,

I am fairly certain that both of those events will have pretty much 100% attendance and both of them are bound to be pretty spectacular. I don't know how much of a drive it would be for you, but if you can attend both, I would strongly recommend that. I can guarantee that you won't regret it. There won't be another opportunity like this for many many years.

Hope to see you there! :)

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Thanks for the encouragement Bo! Sounds like a plan then ! I'm only 2 1/2 hours from Miami so you're right! I might as well attend both :) and I look forward to the pleasure of meeting you and many others :)

Edited by Palmdude

I'm glad to hear you'll be at both events, and both venues in themselves are of course well worth a visit, but keep in mind - there'll be in excess of 100 people in attendance, and you can only talk with but so many at any given event... :) I hope many more Floridians decide to attend! :)

Bo-Göran

Leilani Estates, 25 mls/40 km south of Hilo, Big Island of Hawai'i. Elevation 880 ft/270 m. Average rainfall 140 inches/3550 mm

Hello all, it's great to see the requests coming in, hoping to hear from more of you. By the way, while this is primarily set up for Floridians, anyone may participate, all are welcome.

Kim Cyr

All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Happily registrations, invoicing, and payments are working perfectly. Thanks to those who have signed up and paid for the BBQ and the Montgomery Lunch, the response is gratifying.

Keep 'em coming! These are going to be really fun events with lots of PalmTalkers talking palms, an unusual opportunity,

and all are welcome. :)

Kim Cyr

I see I have created some confusion here...

The barbecue at Searle Brothers Nursery and the lunch at Montgomery Botanic Center are included in the normal Biennial events. Anyone registered for the Biennial is already included in these events.

By "Open Events", I meant to express that these events are open to people who did not register and pay to attend the Biennial in South Florida. These two specific events have been opened to everyone so that friends can meet and enjoy the fun of palms bringing people together.

I will continue to accept reservations for these events through Thursday, May 8, and must give the final headcount to caterers by Friday. The window of opportunity is open for just a few more days, carpe diem!

Kim Cyr

Also,will there be a guest speaker or is the event just mingling in itself?

what is being served?

Also,will there be a guest speaker or is the event just mingling in itself?

Barbecue is fairly descriptive; the Montgomery will be a "boxed lunch" served outdoors, followed by tours of the garden lasting until 5:00 PM. The menu is not readily available, but our volunteers have been working with caterers to provide interesting food with local flavors.

For some, the highlight will be the gardens; for others the social aspect. The food at Biennials is usually very, very good, but it is never the highlight of the trip, at least from my perspective.

Kim Cyr

It turns out the "Boxed Lunch" at MBC is actually a buffet:

BBQ Pulled Pork Shoulder

Chicken Enchiladas

Farm Fresh Pasta Salad w/ Grilled Vegetables & Feta Cheese

Roasted Potato, Blue Cheese & Bacon Potato Salad

House Salad w/ Organic Mixed Green

Cookies & Brownies for Dessert

Iced Tead & Lemonade

Oh, now I'm hungry! :lol2:

Kim Cyr

It turns out the "Boxed Lunch" at MBC is actually a buffet:

BBQ Pulled Pork Shoulder

Chicken Enchiladas

Farm Fresh Pasta Salad w/ Grilled Vegetables & Feta Cheese

Roasted Potato, Blue Cheese & Bacon Potato Salad

House Salad w/ Organic Mixed Green

Cookies & Brownies for Dessert

Iced Tead & Lemonade

Oh, now I'm hungry! :lol2:

I'm going to need a bigger box. :mrlooney:

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

For some, the highlight will be the gardens; for others the social aspect. The food at Biennials is usually very, very good, but it is never the highlight of the trip, at least from my perspective.

Looks like all 3 will be great this time.

Hopefully name tags will be handed out...

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane / To chase you anywhere

--Avett Bros

Hopefully name tags will be handed out...

Real names and Palmtalk names... :winkie:

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Gotcha covered.

Kim Cyr

• 2 weeks later...

Did I mention I'm usually confused on what day it is this week, I had to use GPS to find my home when I left work the other day, it's been hard to sleep, and caught myself eating cereal for supper a couple of times thinking the night was really .....well you get it.

And the biennial is coming sunday........ :asleep:

• Upvote 1

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.