IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

How do you like your eggs?

_Keith

I like mine scrambled, with cheese, diced jalapenos, and sprinkled with Zatarains Bold Cajun Seasoning.

How about you? Tell your recipe for eggs.

post-1207-0-64773400-1397870135_thumb.jp

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

I like mine scrambled, heres an easy and fast way I like my eggs….2-3 eggs, dash of almond milk, tbs of cinnamon whisk all together and fry. Low cal, sweet, and so good.

You ask an' you're gonna git . . .

============================

Chinese eggs (got this recipe from a Chinese couple who spoke no English, but cooked it while I watched)

Scramble 3 eggs

Finely chop two bunches of green onions (scallions) or chives, or Chinese Chives or Garlic chives

Mix onions and eggs

Mixture should look like green glop

Add (to taste) chopped, already-cooked bacon, sausage, chorizo, anduille and/or cooked shrimp

Heat oil (I use Olive Oyl) in pan or wok

when oil gets hot

dump in mixture

cook till done to taste

serve with rice

soy sauce to taste

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

3 whites one whole, two scoops of oatmeal ( dry not prepared) and a heaping spoonful of red chile powder

Then there's the Eggs of Doom

6 eggs in a bowl (be gentle, don't break yolks)

gently fold in:

2 bunches of green onions

3 chopped Roma tomatoes

chopped already cooked bacon, sausage, etc. to taste

black pepper to taste

heat cast iron skillet (don't use teflon pan for this recipe!)

when it starts to get hot

put enough olive oil to coat lightly

dump egg mixture onto pan

after it sizzles, put hot sauce on yolks to taste

Let cook till bottom is crispy

but yolks are still runny

scream obscenities

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

This morning it was chopped red onion, a handful of spinach, and feta cheese in a one-egg omelette, a slice of crisp bacon on the side.

• Upvote 1

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Farm fresh (from the neighbor's backyard). Growing up in the city I never knew about farm fresh eggs, but if you can go on craigslist and find someone selling eggs out of their backyard you'll love how delicious these eggs are.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Scrambled, either unadulterated with salt and pepper or mixed with ham, onions and mushrooms.

Hard boiled, but I only eat the whites. Give the yolks to the wife or the dog.

Deviled eggs. These are great! Especially with a cold beer afterwards.

So many species,

so little time.

Coconut Creek, Florida

Zone 10b (Zone 11 except for once evey 10 or 20 years)

Last Freeze: 2011,50 Miles North of Fairchilds

Farm fresh (from the neighbor's backyard). Growing up in the city I never knew about farm fresh eggs, but if you can go on craigslist and find someone selling eggs out of their backyard you'll love how delicious these eggs are.

Get you a few chickens, Matt. I have 4 hens and 1 rooster, and am solid in the egg department 10 months of the year. Mine back off in the winter, but I am guessing where you are, you would good all 12 months with 4 hens. Rooster is optional, but I like to hatch an egg every now and then. I find their care almost effortless, although it is hardly worth me keeping a compost pile any more as they take care of most anything left over or green. Now where you, like me, might require some minor predator protection.

But then again, if you are getting all you want next door, well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

In my post I sometimes express "my" opinion. Warning, it may differ from "your" opinion. If so, please do not feel insulted, just state your own if you wish. Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or any other damages

Why buy the chicken if you get the eggs free, or something like that.

So many species,

so little time.

Coconut Creek, Florida

Sunny side up...poached...soft boiled...love warm runny yolks :wub2:

Anyone ever had balut (duck embryo in a shell)? Can't eat the duck myself but the liquid inside is amazing

Edited by Xenon

Jonathan

Katy, TX (Zone 9a)

Sunny side up...poached...soft boiled...love warm runny yolks :wub2:

Anyone ever had balut (duck embryo in a shell)?

First one, sopped up with a nice peace of whole wheat toast, I am all over.

Second one, I think I'll pass.

Get you a few chickens, Matt. I have 4 hens and 1 rooster, and am solid in the egg department 10 months of the year. Mine back off in the winter, but I am guessing where you are, you would good all 12 months with 4 hens. Rooster is optional, but I like to hatch an egg every now and then. I find their care almost effortless, although it is hardly worth me keeping a compost pile any more as they take care of most anything left over or green. Now where you, like me, might require some minor predator protection.

But then again, if you are getting all you want next door, well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Major predator problems here on our hill. I refuse to coup up chickens 24 hours a day and building a yard/run with both floor and roof wire mesh, on a slope no less, is just too big of a job for me. I've given up on the idea of having our own chickens.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Eggs Delmarva - like eggs benny just sub lump crab for that lil slice of pork product... with a sprinkle of old bay on the top of it all

Just a side note for anyone who likes a poached egg and can't cook them well (like me for instance).

Google this product - Fusionbrand's Poachpod - its a silicone egg poaching lifter that is super easy to use. No more egg drop soup for breakfast.

PIctorial of Eggs of Doom:

Start

post-208-0-58988400-1398055632_thumb.jpg

Add stuff

post-208-0-02028100-1398055666_thumb.jpg

Then, oil in pan

heat hot

post-208-0-01302900-1398055730_thumb.jpg

When hot, oil starting to smoke a bit

dump it in and add tomatoes,

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSS

like a snake

post-208-0-63559600-1398055805_thumb.jpg

Cook till done

and eat

oink oink oink

post-208-0-36171100-1398055842_thumb.jpg

Damn... That looks good Dave !

Only we are in ca, where are the fresh tortillas at?

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

July/August average 95f/63f

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Average lowest winter temp 27f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f

Damn... That looks good Dave !

Only we are in ca, where are the fresh tortillas at?

Tortillas are okay

but

try it with some white CalRose rice, like the Chinese do . . . for dinner!

Joe Jost's, the oldest bar here in long beach, is famous for pickled eggs. they have been serving them since prohibition and their website claims they have sold over 7 million since 1934. if you are ever in the area, stop by and have a schooner of beer, a "special" sandwich, and a few eggs on a bed of pretzel sticks and hot peppers. its classic. for those out of the area, here's the recipe:

12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
1 (12 ounce) jar yellow chile peppers

1 1/2 cups water
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon turmeric

mix everything together in a large sealable container and refrigerate for at least 3 weeks before serving.

Grant
Long Beach, CA

I like my eggs cooked.

There can be no half- grown duck chick inside either.

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

July/August average 95f/63f

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Average lowest winter temp 27f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f

I do not like them
in a house.
I do not like them
with a mouse.
I do not like them
here or there.
I do not like them
anywhere.
I do not like green eggs and ham.
I do not like them, Sam-I-am

-Dr seuss

The weight of lies will bring you down / And follow you to every town / Cause nothin happens here

That doesn't happen there / So when you run make sure you run / To something and not away from

Cause lies don't need an aero plane / To chase you anywhere

--Avett Bros

A train!

A train!

Would you could on a train?

Would you could you in the rain?

Would you could you with an ankle sprain?

Would you could you with an absence of pain . . .

Part Dr. Seuss, and part not . . . .

I like mine with Googly Eyes.

googly-eye-eggs--2189110463213558747.jpg

• Upvote 1

So many species,

so little time.

Coconut Creek, Florida

I like mine with Googly Eyes.

googly-eye-eggs--2189110463213558747.jpg

ACK!

THEY'RE WATCHING ME!

Eggs over easy on top of chopped spinach leaves and chopped up bacon covered with mozzarella and Spiracha cooked in Coconut oil No butter sometimes a splash of turmeric Great protein to get the day of to a running start :greenthumb:

I remember years ago as a young bloke, my girlfriend at the time stayed over for the night. In the morning I asked her how she would like her eggs, and she replied 'preferably not fertilised'... :)

But seriously, I love eggs, done any way...Boiled eggs with a runny yolk, a pinch of salt and pepper and the old toast fingers for dunking...takes me back to my childhood...

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

I've always been a fan of egg-in-a-hole...

One of my favorites as well.

I'm AFRAID TO ASK but . . .

do tell?

On the top of moussaka!

:drool::drool::drool:

OK, now U know my lunch menu

Edited by dalmatiansoap

do tell?

Known here as "Toad in the hole". Not sure where that came from, unless made with green eggs, lol.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/toad-in-a-hole/

do tell?

Known here as "Toad in the hole". Not sure where that came from, unless made with green eggs, lol.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/toad-in-a-hole/

Looks good! Add some crabmeat . . .