IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Whose got 12 grand?

JD in the OC

I think the seller is dreaming if he wants 12K for that palm. ( when I first saw the photos on Ebay I thought they were mine until I saw the date stamps.)

I took the below photos of that palm on New Years Day 2004.

That palm was dug up years ago at a different location and planted at the entrance of Hendry's Palms. The story is, is that the palm was struck by lightning, damaging the bud, hence all the multiple trunks.

I counted 24 trunks on that palm the day I photographed it, but there were also some dead trunks on it too. More trunks probably died since then.

108121096gkhQPc_th.jpg

by waltcat100

108120333Gismmb_th.jpg

by waltcat100

108235528IaBgnQ_th.jpg

by waltcat100

Mad about palms

I would doubt the survival rate on that palm..... I say they should just leave it where it is....

Bobby

Long Island, New York  Zone 7a (where most of the southern Floridians are originally from)

AVERAGE TEMPS

Summer Highs  : 85-90f/day,  68-75f / night

Winter Lows     : 38-45f/day,   25-35f / night

Extreme Low    : 10-20f/day,    0-10f / night   but VERY RARE

I appreciate the rarity, but I think they look nicer with a single trunk.

]

Corey Lucas-Divers

Dorset, UK

Ave Jul High 72F/22C (91F/33C Max)

Ave Jul Low 52F/11C (45F/7C Min)

Ave Jan High 46F/8C (59F/15C Max)

Ave Jan Low 34F/1C (21F/-6C Min)

Ave Rain 736mm pa

Neo,

I agree.  A small grove of S. uresana, for instance, planted together would be spectacular.  A 20 headed sabal would be cool just to say you have one...

JD

This never fails to amaze me.  Not the damaged palm but the lust for having such a thing.  It's a freakin' side show!  I'd pay a third of the asking price to have it removed from my view.  Maybe that's how the seller got it in the first place.

well i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  ebay will sell anything , i sure would not want to dig it up.

I wouldn't pay 12 cents for it.  I don't see what the big deal is unless you like freak shows.  Just my opinion