sonoranfans

yatay x jubaea F1

Josh-O

I have a 15 gal i'm going to plant out in a couple weeks. It's a fairly fast grower.

It's really getting a nice bluish tinge to it.

Josh - lets see a photo of your planted palm. Don't do a Triode. ;)

sure why not..lol

I'll take a pic this week. I'm thinking about palnting it out soon.

Pando

Don't do a Triode. ;)

hahaha

maesy
On Tue Oct 27 01:23:53, Josh-O said:

sure why not..lol

I'll take a pic this week. I'm thinking about palnting it out soon.

Josh, we are still waiting for your picture. :rolleyes::greenthumb::interesting:

Josh-O

dang, I walked right by it today.

Josh-O
On 10/26/2015, 7:51:04, Pando said:

hahaha

:floor:

Flow

Here's mine. It is really hard to take a decent picture. Its fronds appear to be more twisted than @maesy 's plant. Also, I thought it would grow quicker with the extra heat and mild winters but for now that doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps that will change once it is well rooted and has outgrown those camellias.20180723_163114.thumb.jpg.89d49ab3380b88

• Upvote 4

Josh-O
14 hours ago, Flow said:

Here's mine. It is really hard to take a decent picture. Its fronds appear to be more twisted than @maesy 's plant. Also, I thought it would grow quicker with the extra heat and mild winters but for now that doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps that will change once it is well rooted and has outgrown those camellias.20180723_163114.thumb.jpg.89d49ab3380b88

mine is still in a pot

sergiskan
On 24/7/2018 16:18:56, Flow said:

Hello Flow.

Beautiful Palm!

i will take some pictures of mine when comeback home next week.

regards.

• Upvote 1

sergiskan
On 24/7/2018 16:26:26, Flow said:

@Josh-O or @sergiskan or anybody else who has one, show us yours!

An all terrain palm, tolerates  drought, humidity, very high temps...

A49B6826-2DBD-40CB-A237-FC961935D536.thu

51DEC755-4246-4086-87AE-56616452CEB0.thu

Regards.

Edited by sergiskan
  • Upvote 5

maesy

Here is an update of mine.

Even I protect it very winter, it always shows some damage on the emerging speer.

2018-08-03 10.23.47.jpg

• Upvote 5

sergiskan
4 hours ago, maesy said:

Here is an update of mine.

Even I protect it very winter, it always shows some damage on the emerging speer.

2018-08-03 10.23.47.jpg

Niiiice!

looks very compact.

• Upvote 3

Flow

Season end pic:

20181222_184248.thumb.jpg.570df21230cdc6

• Upvote 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• PalmatierMeg
      By PalmatierMeg
      A few months ago I posted a topic about my bodacious Sabal minor Emerald Isle Giant I originally purchased from well-regarded Plant Delights Nursery in NC, so I know it is the real thing. See link below to view that topic:
      http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/58162-sabal-minor-emerald-isle-giant-wseeds-any-interest/

At the time I posted that topic the palm was loaded with green seeds and I asked if anyone would be interested in them later. I got quite a few responses so I let the seeds ripen and now have quite a few harvested and ready for new homes.
      Normally, I sell seeds only within the continental US but I had responses from several European PTers so I will make an exception. But - if you live in Europe (or Australia) be aware that US postage for even a small 1 oz. package of seeds is astronomical, more than the cost of the seeds themselves. Also understand that I must fill out a US Customs form online with the US Gov't declaring the contents of any pkg and I cannot/will not lie. Finally, know the customs of your own country: some countries are easygoing about palm seeds from FL, others will seize seeds, destroy them, even hold them for ransom. If your customs seizes your seeds, I can't replace them or refund your money. 
      All that said, please see summary below:
      Sabal minor Emerald Isle Giant Seeds: 50 for $10.00
      Sabal minor Emerald Isle Giant Seeds: 100 for $15.00
      Shipping in padded envelope: $4.00 in continental US (Sabal seeds illegal in HI)
      International shipping in padded envelope: $15.00 for up to 100 seeds with US Customs declaration
      Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks and regards
      See photos below of seeds and mother palm.

• Alicehunter2000
      By Alicehunter2000
      Does anyone have these two hybrids and can you show pics? Thanks (not Jubea x Syagrus)
    • Alicehunter2000
      By Alicehunter2000
      This palm was tucked back into the corner of my yard behind my large S. causiarum and never got the glory it should have received. It is a really cold hardy and pretty palm. I wish I had several more planted but just didn't realize how nice they are until owning this one. Anyway here is a closeup of the trunk.,  its got a redish color and the fronds self clean nicely.

• Turtlesteve
      By Turtlesteve
      Made an interesting observation this week.  I have three supposed Sabal causarium planted out right now...two from one source (2nd year in the ground), and a small one (about 3 gallon) planted early this spring that I got from someone else.
      We've hit about 25-26F a few times so far this winter, and the small one is 100% burned already (what a wimp!).  The other two show no damage, and took low teens last winter with light damage (this is consistent with the species when mature, so I am told).  So the 3rd palm is obviously different from the first two.  I suspect it will survive the winter since the growth point is well underground.
      So - any guesses?
      - The small palm is incorrectly identified and is actually a more cold tender species (but what)?
      - The small palm is correct, but the larger two aren't (maybe causarium x palmetto)?
      - They're all causarium, but the species varies greatly in cold hardiness?
      Attempting to identify them from photos at this size would be a futile effort.
      Steve

• Chester B
      By Chester B
      I've yet to visit southern Oregon, but a quick scan of google maps showed some a real nice CIDP in Gold Beach.  As far as I know these are the northern most ones in North America.  I have a feeling their range may be creeping slowly Northward.

https://goo.gl/maps/g1DRgMP3ZHR2