Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fishbranch Tree Farm

5 posts in this topic

Kristy from Fishbranch called me today to ask how my palms were doing after the cold winter we had. I thought that not only was their plant material top notch, but they really care to see how things were going almost a year after installation! That my friends is a quality grower.

If you are looking for giant S. causiarum's, huge Livistonia nitida, saribus, decora etc. or want that prize Phoenix sylvestris for your yard, you should check out Fishbranch's website. If you want to see details of my experience with them, look at my thread below. An A+ company.

http://www.fishbranchtreefarm.com/

http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/34415-alicehunter2000s-beach-party-by-ken-johnson/page-8?hl=%20alicehunter2000%20%20beach%20%20party%20%20ken%20%20johnson

They are great people with the nicest sylvestris period!

They also have huge Sabal causarium for sale that are not listed on their website.

I have been friends with the owners son for years. everything they grow is top grade. a top notch nursery

The Copernicia alba we got from there Farm is amazing. Really nice people.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Looking to get into citrus, questions on hardy varieties
      By mdsonofthesouth
      So far Ive narrowed it down to:

Owari Satsuma Tree: Citrus reticulata 'Owari'
      Nagami Kumquat: Fortunella margarita

I dont have a ton of space since Im using my best microclimate + greenhousing for Jan and Feb (will be built around the trees as they are going in the ground). I was originally going for a changsha but was told they werent very good, and this isnt about ornamental fruit as I want to eat from them. Any input on what Im looking at or other sweet varieties ( I know kumquats arent sweet lol) that are cold hardy. Also anyone know how tall and wide I can expect these to get? Thanks!
    • Cycad for zone 7/8a?
      By jb1336
      Plants Delight Nursery claims that Cycas taitungensis is zone 7B but I don't really trust that. I'm on the border line and it gets cold but not too cold.
    • Why Do Madagascar Palms Have Some Cold Hardiness?
      By PalmTreeDude
      Why do some Madagascar palms, for example  Bismarkia and Beccariophoenix alfredii, have some cold hardiness to them? They are not cold hardy in cooler zones like 8a/8b but they are cold hardy from where they come from. Most of Madagascar is north of the Tropic of Capricorn. Are they just like that? You would think that they would not be cold hardy at all. 
    • Albizia coreana (or kalkora?)
      By jb1336
      I recently last year received seeds of Albizia coreana (or kalkora) from a university in North Carolina. The Albizia species is reportedly "rare" but I think they're just rare in cultivation, but I could be wrong.  Here are photos on the internet of the prince ear tree (왕자 귀 트리) which aren't my photos but show a good representation of the species.

• Dwarf butia
      By Laaz
      I have been finding quite a few dwarf butias around town lately. This one has a very short trunk & the top leaves are 5 ft from the ground. It has flowered multiple times.