IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Miami Biennial early registration - Extension until Jan 17

SubTropicRay

Just a quick note to let folks know we've extended the early Biennial registration date until Friday, January 17th. The original date of Jan 3rd coincides too closely with the New Year and people are distracted by the holiday.

Tampa, Interbay Peninsula, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10A

Bokeelia, Pine Island, Florida, USA

subtropical USDA Zone 10B

Just registered today. I was beginning to feel the pressure myself of getting signed up by the 3rd. :bemused: But I think it was a smart idea to extend the date.

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

Registered here....may have to swim over...:D

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Registered here....may have to swim over... :D

just kidding...:)

Colin has a boat ....

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

I am very sorry i wont be able to go, mainly for the friends i made in Thailand, Wal, Colin, Daryl, Paul, Jessie, Bob, Jeff, Alan and many other.

I'm so sorry to hear some of the Aussies and Rafael can't make it this year! We will miss you and take lots of photos to share!

We'll need some newcomers to take the plunge and join us. I was helped in my decision to attend my first in Thailand by the number of folks who had attended many Biennials. I also enjoyed photos from past trips! You won't regret it if you come.

Cindy Adair

• 1 month later...

While early registration is past, there are still places available. Final close of registration is March 14, so there is still time to tag along. It's going to be a fantastic and very palmy week: good food, very nice lodgings, wonderful sights, a chance to chill with other palm people from around the world.

I've collected some photos to tempt you...

Miami Dadeland Marriott Hotel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Doubletree Key West

post-216-0-26858800-1392230548_thumb.jpg . . . .post-216-0-06839400-1392230536_thumb.jpg

Archbold Biological Station

post-216-0-66650400-1392230485_thumb.jpg

Pinecrest Gardens ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden

post-216-0-87975300-1392230681_thumb.jpg ~ ~ post-216-0-68335100-1392230754_thumb.jpg

Everglades National Park and Bahia Honda

post-216-0-96126700-1392230795_thumb.jpg ~ ~ post-216-0-79729300-1392230498_thumb.jpg

Free day in Key West

post-216-0-69519300-1392230898_thumb.jpg

Montgomery Botanical Center

post-216-0-49454500-1392230995_thumb.jpg

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

My apologies for my ignorance ---

Could you please post within this thread the link to the Biennial web site containing the online registration form and a description of the events/itinerary/agenda? Is there a web site or link for the Biennial (including cost, etc.)? I assume so.

Many thanks.

No apologies needed. Please visit the main IPS web site and the Biennial section: http://www.palms.org/biennial_2014.cfm

Here you will find the itinerary and costs. I do hope you will choose to join in the fun!

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Duval Street......

Private Gardens and Collections

Audubon House

Sloppy Joes

Beaches

Key West WILL be a great time!!!! :yay:

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

The Miami biennial will be fantastic. I'm an old Florida boy myself and my home away from home is Pinecrest. I could walk to the Gardens! I can attest to all the sights you'll see, Key West, Fairchild, Montgomery, Jeff Searle's place...all world class locations for palm lovers. Unfortunately I will not be able to go to this one and I'm sick about it but, I know everyone will have a great time.

Best of luck,

Peter

Peter

hot and humid, short rainy season May through October, 14* latitude, 90* longitude

Some of the things you'll see at Fairchild, just to thrill...You'll have a great time!

post-2997-0-84180000-1392398598_thumb.jp

post-2997-0-97045600-1392398627_thumb.jp

post-2997-0-70227300-1392398680_thumb.jp

post-2997-0-58342500-1392398717_thumb.jp

post-2997-0-08352100-1392398815_thumb.jp

post-2997-0-50184500-1392398989_thumb.jp

Peter

hot and humid, short rainy season May through October, 14* latitude, 90* longitude