IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Copernicia fallaensis for sale

Caribbean Palms

We have 25 gal. containers of Copernicia fallaensis that are 2 1/2 to 3 feet tall grown in full sun. These plants are fully rooted in the pots and ready for planting. Available for $500.00 at Caribbean Palms Nursery in Loxahatchee, Florida. Please call 561 792 0333 for more information.

No shipping.

post-272-0-47596600-1387663338_thumb.jpg

Mike Harris

Caribbean Palms Nursery

Loxahatchee, Florida USA

Nice!

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

You had one. You killed it :)

• Upvote 1

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

I had one too.. It lasted longer than Garys.. :P (I think Gophers or too dry in winter killed it)

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Bill / Gary...........I heard Phoenix does exceptionally well in your area out there....

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

When is someone gonna get smart and give me one of these for Christmas so we can actually see one alive in SoCal?

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

The seed came from habitat, according to my source. There is all ways a possibility of hybridization but I don't think any of these are as they are all a uniform gray-green color and leaf shape.

Mike Harris

Caribbean Palms Nursery

Loxahatchee, Florida USA

• 4 weeks later...

Palmdude I have only the size pictured.

Mike Harris

Caribbean Palms Nursery

Loxahatchee, Florida USA

When is someone gonna get smart and give me one of these for Christmas so we can actually see one alive in SoCal?

Dude - i have one that's doing great.

and I dont even know as much about palms as you

Cool! I wasn't touting my palm knowledge, just bragging about my property's excellent drainage, and micro-climate. :) Palm smarts don't grow palms, nature does.

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Cool! I wasn't touting my palm knowledge, just bragging about my property's excellent drainage, and micro-climate. :) Palm smarts don't grow palms, nature does.

Nature and us :)

In my experience matty is mostly correct here. Having grown palms in Arizona(very challenging), potted palms in socal(its not easy), and both potted and in ground palms in florida, I can say that many species are so ridiculously easy in florida it is amazing. I plant them, use slow release fertilizer and forget them in florida. A copernica fallaense or bailey is not a tough grow in florida given enough fertilizer and water they are almost maintenance free and look great. In socal, its a tough one apparently as people who are much more savy than I struggle in socal with these plants. there is an art/ experience with placement of some species, but the climate matters. the best growers have also struggled growing palms that prefer a Mediterranean climate in florida(jubaea in florida anyone?).

Formerly in Gilbert AZ, zone 9a/9b. Now in Palmetto, Florida Zone 9b/10a??

Tom Blank

In my experience matty is mostly correct here. Having grown palms in Arizona(very challenging), potted palms in socal(its not easy), and both potted and in ground palms in florida, I can say that many species are so ridiculously easy in florida it is amazing. I plant them, use slow release fertilizer and forget them in florida. A copernica fallaense or bailey is not a tough grow in florida given enough fertilizer and water they are almost maintenance free and look great. In socal, its a tough one apparently as people who are much more savy than I struggle in socal with these plants. there is an art/ experience with placement of some species, but the climate matters. the best growers have also struggled growing palms that prefer a Mediterranean climate in florida(jubaea in florida anyone?).

You're right. That's why I grow mostly brahea. But there's something enticing about trying a palm that's borderline, maybe it's the challenge. I got lucky with c. alba and c. prunifera - plant, throw in a Lutz spike and forget about them. I know you guys in Florida try silly things that are a lot of work for you like rhopies and dypsis decipiens. So us Californians are entitled to our own follies. :)

• 2 months later...

A palm tree friend of mine in Palm Desert is growing several copernicias. His c. fallaensis is perfect looking. The only one he has problems with is his baileyana. He said it always takes a beating during winter but recovers quickly during spring and summer. I can't wait until I start growing mine and can only hope for the same results as his.

• 2 months later...

All sold out!

Mike Harris

Caribbean Palms Nursery

Loxahatchee, Florida USA

• 5 months later...