IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Syagrus R. X Parajubaea Sunkha

TimHopper

Hi Len,

I had several seeds damp off and only successfully germinated one all the way through. That is the one I referenced in my post. So the answer to your question is zero. If I don't sell this one the answer to your question will be 1 once I move to my new house.

Was hoping to see if they looked different once planted or bigger. Sure looks like a Queen.

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

I hope it isn't a queen Len but I know you have a really good eye when it comes to IDs. Unfortunately I did a poor job of germinating these or else I would have had more to pick from.

I am offering one of these for sale. I figured I'd list it here on Palmtalk first. It is seed grown. I acquired the seeds from Tim about 2 years ago. I'm sorry that other people had problems with Tim but my dealings with him were fine. I know some have brought up that it might not be a true cross. I can't attest to that and can provide no guarantees. If it turns out that this palm is indeed a Queen Palm x Queen Palm I would not offer a refund, so caveat emptor. All I can say is that I acquired the original seeds as the Syagrus R. X Parajubaea Sunkha palm originally advertised in this post, and the seeds definitely looked different than the Queen Palm seeds that fall from my trees. I have only 1 for sale. Price is $100. USA only. Photo is attached. Contact me at icebluecycads@yahoo.com if interested. Local San Diego pick-up would be preferred.

Joel

Ice Blue

I sure hope you didnt sell that last one to TropicDoc?

He already got jipped $240 from TH.

If it was me I wouldve have just given TD the plant.

Best Regards

Ritchy

Patrick Schafer has been unable to cross syagrus with parajubaea.... I don't think it is possible. Maybe a butyagrus x parajubaea cocoides should be attempted.

If Patric can't do it, these seem likely to be pure Queens given the uncontrolled environment they were apparently attempted...

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

Nope I didn't sell it here. I thought this was a desirable plant but I was simply getting too much drama here and via personal messages. I realized it'd be nothing but headaches if I sold it to a palmtalker. It is now in the hands of a good friend who purchased it for a 6 pack of Ballast Point Grunion. I'll post updated photos here as it grows. If it turns out to be the real deal he owes me.

Nope I didn't sell it here. I thought this was a desirable plant but I was simply getting too much drama here and via personal messages. I realized it'd be nothing but headaches if I sold it to a palmtalker. It is now in the hands of a good friend who purchased it for a 6 pack of Ballast Point Grunion. I'll post updated photos here as it grows. If it turns out to be the real deal he owes me.

That was a good move and glad to hear it. If it turns out to be something, sweet - if not, no one feels "taken" by paying a hybrid price.

Ben Rogers

On the border of Concord & Clayton in the East Bay hills - Elev 387 ft 37.95 °N, 121.94 °W

My back yard weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=37.954%2C-121.945&sp=KCACONCO37

• 2 weeks later...

Patrick Schafer has been unable to cross syagrus with parajubaea.... I don't think it is possible. Maybe a butyagrus x parajubaea cocoides should be attempted.

That would be a very cool cross indeed!!

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

• 1 month later...

I want to know if the hybrid from tim hopper syagrus rom. x parajubaea sunkha is fake or not?

Are you sure it's only a syagrus or not?

The consensus here is that. Tim's is not a hybrid.

David Simms zone 9a on Highway 30a

200 steps from the Gulf in NW Florida

30 ft. elevation and sandy soil

Ah, - what a wise choice :greenthumb:

Coral Gables, FL 8 miles North of Fairchild USDA Zone 10B

And for the othe hybrid of tim : jubtutia F2 x parajubaea

fake or not?

Who has a picture of this hybrid?

• 1 month later...

Is anyone has news or pictures from jubutia x parajubaea sunkha or syagrus x parajubaea sunkha from tim hopper???

In france it says that it's a grood hybridation but there are only little palm...

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone has news or pictures from jubutia x parajubaea sunkha or syagrus x parajubaea sunkha from tim hopper???

In france it says that it's a grood hybridation but there are only little palm...

Sorry mate, not to be rough. I read your comments. Why you don't upload a pic from the ones in France?

Rio_Grande.gif