Any input on this grower from Carlsbad?

14 posts in this topic

I hope this is the correct forum to ask but if not, mods please feel free to move it.

He posts on Craigslist and the phone is 760-845-1920, google says DR's Palms and Plumerias, but nothing else, don't want to make a mistake

Thank you.

I have purchased from Dwight over the past several years. My experience has always been great.

Lots of plants and fair pricing.

Ive been wondering the same , he sure has alot of ads , and alot of marginal stuff... ie acai palm...

I've called him before, real nice guy

Dwight is a nice guy, and has delivered stuff to me in Santa Barbara from Carlsbad. I would consider him a broker more than a grower. He has a lot of stuff though!

Thanks to all for responding. He sure does have interesting stuff. A phone call is in order. I'll post what I purchased.

Dwight just made his second delivery to Northern California. All the plants were very well grown, and fairly priced. I purchased the most well-grown Laccospadix I have ever seen. Perfect condition, not a single brown leaflet tip anywhere on the plant.

Too bad for me that my garden is already too congested!

contact him at...

Dwight Ries

760-845-1920

drplumerias@aol.com

Dwight is a great guy who will take the time to explain exactly what you are looking for an answer any questions about how to grow his palms he even went out of his way to pick me up a 15 gallon specimen palm and he didn't charge me any sort of markup. I would go back.

I have placed several orders with Dwight last year, and I've been very happy with the quality of plants he has supplied me, and I would recommend him to anyone. I was so happy with Dwights' services that I actually ended up tipping him an extra $200 because I felt he had underbid a palm order for me.

A bump for Dwight. I placed my first order last week. His plants are gorgeous and delivery is very reasonable. He's a great guy to boot! I look forward to buying again.

Dwight is A+. My first choice for new plants.

:interesting:

Just got off the phone with Dwight super nice guy and beyond great prices. Picking up his last jubaeopsis  caffra from him Friday most prices I got from others for this species were 4 times his price for the same size. Also getting some other killer stuff at awesome prices thanks Dwight!

Bought a nice, sizable Cocothrinax from Dwight today for a price that was quite fair.  Another good experience.