Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Malesiana Tropicals

3 posts in this topic

I took a gamble and ordered some palms on my "wish list" from a nursery I really knew nothing about. Happily I am quite pleased with my plants. They responded to my many questions promptly over several months and even held the plants while I was working on my end to secure an import permit.

They seem to update their website list frequently, but offer only a small selection of palm species. Their major focus based on the website is Nepenthes. In fact, to get to their palm section, I have to temporarily disable pop ups after clicking on the palms picture.

I chose express shipping which they recommended due to the size of some of my plants. 8 days and they arrived in perfect condition to Virginia,USA .

In response to my queries, the company even emailed photos of plants so I could see what I was buying.

As expected, shipping was the major cost, but worth it.

If they show something as out of stock, ask. That's how I ended up with my two (large for the species) Licuala cordatas.

I see they offer wholesale, but as I don't run a plant business I know nothing about that or business import requirements.

I have purchased a couple of batches of seed from them, and been happy with their product, service, and responsiveness to email. I will likely buy from them again in the future.

I recently made an order at Malesiana tropicals for some seeds but I didn't notice that the seeds were out of stock.

About a week later I got a mail from them thanking me for my order and saying that my fresh seeds were in stock. I was very happy about this and I immediately arranged a paypal money transfer. They even helped me with that by sending me a money request through paypal. This all went very fluent and communication is very good, allways replying in a very polite manner.

I'm still waiting for the seeds to be delivered, but this will take a few weeks I think. I'm pretty

In 2008 I ordered some seeds with them and this package was delivered in good order, some time passed though.

I'm very happy with this supplier and I hope they will extend their product list further in the future.

Cheers Kai