IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Pseudophoenix sargentii navassana & we can ship to CA

DAsign Source Botanicals

Coccothrinax Montana 3gal

post-4701-0-39079300-1373023662_thumb.jp

post-4701-0-26786700-1373023690_thumb.jp

Coccothrinax argentata 1gal

post-4701-0-83161900-1373023770_thumb.jp

Coccothrinax argentata 3gal

post-4701-0-40077700-1373023807_thumb.jp

Leucothrinax morrisii 1gal

post-4701-0-34359000-1373023866_thumb.jp

Copernicia baileyana 3gal

post-4701-0-23830400-1373023916_thumb.jp

Copernicia hospital 3gal

post-4701-0-76464000-1373023972_thumb.jp

post-4701-0-16606900-1373024097_thumb.jp

• 2 months later...

Here's a pair of 1 gallon Pseudophoenix ekmanii I got from Elizabeth at D'Asign Source earlier this year.They've spent the summer in a greenhouse that regularly crosses the 110 degree mark, and have powered on through it.Just noticed a few roots peeking out the drain holes today, so they will be going into 2 gallon pots soon.Slow but tough palm! It's always been one of my favorites. B)

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

post-236-0-08967800-1378666225_thumb.jpg

Mesa, Arizona

Temps between 29F and 115F each year

Glad to see everyone is happy with the purchases. We have sold out of the 7gallon Pseudophoenix sargentii navasana or they have grown too big to ship. :)

We do have Copernicia ekmanii in 1gal with at least 3 leaves for sale at $40 each.

post-4701-0-59490800-1379002572_thumb.jp

Price reductions on the following palms!!! Check it out!!!

Copernicia baileyana 3gal for $65 now for $55

Copernicia hospita 3gal for $78 now for $65

Copernicia ekmanii 1gal for $40 now for $30

Coccothrinax argentata 1gal for $16 now for $12; 3gal for $30 now for $25

Coccothrinax crinita 3gal for $78 now for $65

Coccothrinax montana 3gal for $55 now for $45

Coccothrinax spissa 3gal for $35 now for $25

Leucothrinax morrisii 1gal for $10 now for $8

Email me at esperry@dasignsource.com

• 1 month later...

I was unhappy with this vendor. She shipped two larger Pseudophoenix etc, and I paid for it FedX 3 day delivery. There was only a plastic kitchen bag around the one pot, and all the soil came out of the pot,, and the plants were not secured in the box. I notified her that day, and said I thought it was ok and only one leaf was fried. I marked the spears and waited five weeks. One grew 3.5 inches, and the damaged one grew only a 1/2 inch and I needed to put them in for Fall planting. Sent her pictures etc. Elizabeth stated that only one leaf was damaged.

Initially she said she wrote she would replace plant, then wouldn't. She finally did, when I said I would pay for the FedX shipping. So, to get a healthy plant, I had to spend another $50. I told her repeatedly that I only bought it because of the pictures on PalmTalk of the packing and how happy everyone was with the quality of the plants. I do not recommend doing business with her.

I have shipped many plants back to myself from Florida (exclusively using FedEx) and find that no matter how carefully and how securely I package the material,the SHIPPERS seem to go out of their way to handle packages roughly.Putting the "UP" arrows on a package almost guarantees that it will go across country shipped upside down.Upon reaching my house,I've watched them push the boxes out of the delivery truck with a 3 or 4 foot drop to the pavement without any guidance.Material is more often than not "beaten up" when I receive it but almost always survives the ordeal.It's the price I pay for the chance to be able to grow something that otherwise is not available at any cost locally.If you require a picture perfect plant upon arrival,than mail order is definitely not the way to obtain your plants of size.Spend the extra money and get your material from your local nursery where you get to pick out exactly the level of quality that you require.

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

Mesa, Arizona

I have shipped many plants back to myself from Florida (exclusively using FedEx) and find that no matter how carefully and how securely I package the material,the SHIPPERS seem to go out of their way to handle packages roughly.Putting the "UP" arrows on a package almost guarantees that it will go across country shipped upside down.Upon reaching my house,I've watched them push the boxes out of the delivery truck with a 3 or 4 foot drop to the pavement without any guidance.Material is more often than not "beaten up" when I receive it but almost always survives the ordeal.It's the price I pay for the chance to be able to grow something that otherwise is not available at any cost locally.If you require a picture perfect plant upon arrival,than mail order is definitely not the way to obtain your plants of size.Spend the extra money and get your material from your local nursery where you get to pick out exactly the level of quality that you require.

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

I notice this about shippers too, but only when the box says something to indicate fragile material on the inside! I received two coconuts from Hawaii recently and the box says "FRAGILE LIVE PLANTS" on it, and it looked like someone had literally stepped on the box. Luckily both coconuts seemed fine but it's really frustrating nonetheless!

Keith 

Palmetto, Florida (10a) and Tampa, Florida (9b/10a)

The problem was that it was not packaged like the pictures shown on PalmTalk. It was done sloppy, with a loose kitchen bag open at the top by four-five inches, allowing the soil to fall out.

I expect better, I recognize that shippers toss things around, that is why I looked carefully at how it was done.

• 2 weeks later...

Shipping is always a risk, especially from FL to CA. I am bound to run into some problems. SHEP I stated I had no problem replacing your palm and I did replace your palm at your shipping cost. Now you have 3 each P. sargentii 7gal at the price of 2 each. The one that was packed loosely was my fault and I replaced it even though you stated it is growing. Enjoy your palms!

I have attached the actual picture that SHEP sent me stating the spear was not growing. These look beautiful! Anyone else see a problem? Yes, I replaced the palm too.

post-4701-0-16244100-1383143601_thumb.jp

I assume this is navassana?

I always wondered why that Pseudo at Kopsick was so tall and seemed to get taller every time I looked at it.

Larry 

Palm Harbor, FL 10a / Ft Myers, FL 10b

Looks good to me . If I traveled 3000 miles I wouldnt look that good

Palms not just a tree also a state of mind

really hard to tell by the pictures but from the picture they look perfectly fine. I've found sargentii to be a very tough plants, i saw first hand what looks to be at least a 7gal sargentii that had the roots chomped up where it was potted in a 1gal, the base of the plant was about the size of that 1gal and the palm still looked perfect, and growing perfectly fine. I had a 7gal which i got from Elizabeth that had a large board blow over on it from wind and knocked the spike open as well as entire plant was under the board and it grew out fine.

Generally this is a very slow growing genus, although a bit faster growing species of this genus. We also can't forget that within the crop we are bound to run into different growth rates. The main issue is that shipping is not a guarantee. With all the "this end up" and "fragile" stickers applied the plant transit is always out of my control. I will however be absolutely sure to pack material very tightly! If anyone is interested in any material feel free to message me. Thank you!

Those are some healthy Pseudophoenix in the picture Elizabeth. Your customer needs more patience, NOT replacement plants! Pseudophoenix are always slow.

Mike Harris

Caribbean Palms Nursery

Loxahatchee, Florida USA

All-

I have a couple of these Pseudo in my yard that I picked up a year or so ago. I assume they are sargentii, normal form?

IMG_20131031_080641_509_zps0b2149d2.jpg

IMG_20131031_080723_511_zps7fdc97a6.jpg

IMG_20131031_080841_231_zpsf317429b.jpg

Larry 

I received two 3 gallon Pseudophoenix several months back and I am very happy with the plants and the shipping. Plus good luck finding these in CA this size and if you did the price would be triple at least.

Encinitas, CA

Zone 10b

I received two 3 gallon Pseudophoenix several months back and I am very happy with the plants and the shipping. Plus good luck finding these in CA this size and if you did the price would be triple at least.

Either that or they would bring in FL grown plants, pot them up and then sell them for a lot more.

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

Either that it they would bring in FL grown plants, pot them up and then sell them for a lot more.

Len -

Out of curiosity, what would ones about the size of the pseudos in the photo I posted above go for out in CA?

Larry 

Either that it they would bring in FL grown plants, pot them up and then sell them for a lot more.

Len -

Out of curiosity, what would ones about the size of the pseudos in the photo I posted above go for out in CA?

http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?/topic/39289-pseudophoenix-sargentii-15g-for-sale/

Apparently,$200 will get you what are some of the largest Pseudophoenix available in CA.I think I read that 25 gal size like in spockvr6 pictures was available at one time from the same source for around $300.

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

Mesa, Arizona

AZ-

A few years ago, even in FL, these palms were big bucks. Now, like so many other palms, theyve come way down. I bought mine for $100. But, I dont think mine are the rarer navassana variety, rather just the standard fare sargentii (as mine are slow).

I think these palms have all the attributes to be a perfect front yard palm for a typical FL house (take full sun, arent terribly picky about needing all kinds of care, fairly cold hardy, stay small for a long period so they never outgrow their location, etc). But, they just have never caught on (likely due to how long it takes to get a saleable plant).

Edited by spockvr6

Larry 

Pseudophoenix eckmanii... I think I know where Dr. Seuss found his inspiration! :winkie:

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

Holy smokes....what is that thing......500 years old!?!?!?!?

Larry 

Len -

Depends on who has them. $300+

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

• 1 year later...

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

Here's a pair of 1 gallon Pseudophoenix ekmanii I got from Elizabeth at D'Asign Source earlier this year.They've spent the summer in a greenhouse that regularly crosses the 110 degree mark, and have powered on through it.Just noticed a few roots peeking out the drain holes today, so they will be going into 2 gallon pots soon.Slow but tough palm! It's always been one of my favorites. B)

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-236-0-08967800-1378666225_thumb.jpg

An updated pic - same plants,almost 2 years later,doubled the pot size,and a frond or 2 taller.Talk about slow... Definitely buy the biggest ones you can afford!

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

post-236-0-61088000-1435969835_thumb.jpg

Mesa, Arizona

I've bought from them and had palms shipped before. Excellent packaging and palms.

Glad to see you posting palms for sale Elizabeth. Keep it up with a variety of offerings.

Scott/Omaha

Edited by sashaeffer

:bemused:

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

Please see updated list of CA certified palms, pricing, and pictures. If you have any questions PM me on Palmtalk or email at esperry@dasignsource.com

Copernicia baileyana 3gal for $125

IMG_6351.pdf
Copernicia ekmanii 1gal for $45; 3gal for $90

IMG_6357.pdf

Coccothrinax crinita 3gal for $70
Pseudophoenix sargentii navassana 1gal for $20

IMG_6353.pdf
Pseudophoenix sargentii navassana 3gal for $45
Pseudophoenix ekmanii 3gal $200/ft

We are not able to ship to PR or HI, sorry for the inconvenience. Shipping costs can vary from package to package. Please inquire about shipping and provide your zip code. We pack all our material with great care as if you picked it up yourself. Prices and availability are subject to change without notice.

• 1 month later...

California certified Pseudophoenix is a must have for all enthusiasts. PM me if you are interested.

-Pseudophoenix sargentii navassana 3gal for $45
-Pseudophoenix ekmanii 3gal $200/ft

Email: esperry@dasignsource.com

All-

I have a couple of these Pseudo in my yard that I picked up a year or so ago. I assume they are sargentii, normal form?

IMG_20131031_080641_509_zps0b2149d2.jpg

IMG_20131031_080723_511_zps7fdc97a6.jpg

IMG_20131031_080841_231_zpsf317429b.jpg

As a show of speed (or lack thereof), here is one of the same palms ~22 months later-----The navassana ssp advertised in this thread definitely seem the better bet for those who are older than 10 and desire a notable palm before reaching retirement :)

As a relative reference, the small S. botryophora in the background of the photos are now over 20 ft.

post-200-0-00830800-1440718146_thumb.jpg

Edited by spockvr6

Larry 

I wish you had some Copernicia fallaensis

Matt Bradford

"Manambe Lavaka"

Spring Valley, CA (8.5 miles inland from San Diego Bay)

10B on the hill (635 ft. elevation)

9B in the canyon (520 ft. elevation)

• 3 months later...

Updated - CA Certified palms

Please see updated list of CA certified palms, pricing, and pictures.

If you have any questions PM me on Palmtalk or email at esperry@dasignsource.com

Copernicia baileyana 3gal for $125

Copernicia ekmanii 3gal for $90

Pseudophoenix sargentii navassana 1gal for $25

Pseudophoenix sargentii navassana 3gal for $50

Pseudophoenix sargentii navassana 7gal for $105

Pseudophoenix ekmanii 3gal $225/ft

Pseudophoenix vinifera 3gal $75 (3 available, NICE)

We are not able to ship to PR or HI, sorry for the inconvenience. Shipping costs can vary from package to package. Please inquire about shipping and provide your zip code. We pack all our material with great care as if you picked it up yourself. Shipping is at your own risk.

• 1 year later...