IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Kennybenjamin gets married

Kennybenjamin

Hi everyone,

As you may be aware I have very recently (4 days ago) become a married man, and so far loving it!!

I know this sort of thread is probably more appropriate on FB or some other forum but seeing as though palm talk is my FB i thought i would share some photos with you all. Hope you don't mind my indulgence??

It was a fantastic venue and an unforgetable day!!

First up a few photos of the venue taken the morning of from the bride to be's balcony.... (Don't worry these photos were not taken by me!)

post-6412-0-08337500-1348549671_thumb.jp post-6412-0-49062000-1348549697_thumb.jp

post-6412-0-24036400-1348549810_thumb.jp

Yours truly trying to pass the time and settle the nerves...

post-6412-0-08786000-1348549909_thumb.jp

The groom and groomsmen.....

post-6412-0-98455800-1348549926_thumb.jp

The obligatory flowers and champagne from myself for the bride...NOTE: there are cat palm and rhapis palm leaves in there especially, just so she knows they are definately from me!!!

post-6412-0-28541300-1348549965_thumb.jp

Not much needs to said about this one, BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

post-6412-0-97999700-1348550302_thumb.jp

Guests gathering.....

post-6412-0-41755500-1348550824_thumb.jp

Celebrant and groomsmen await the big arrival....

post-6412-0-62082000-1348550567_thumb.jp

Bridal party starts to arrive...

post-6412-0-90425900-1348550669_thumb.jp

Here comes the bride......

post-6412-0-42818400-1348550728_thumb.jp

Is this where the saying "sign your life away" comes from???

post-6412-0-84721400-1348552192_thumb.jp

And I had been worried about this all day.... It had not rained here for over 10 weeks but luckily it held out until almost the exact right second... ( I hear its good luck if it rains on your wedding day?) Looked good in the photos anyway!

post-6412-0-65611000-1348552217_thumb.jp post-6412-0-92720700-1348552252_thumb.jp

And later in the evening...

The cake....

post-6412-0-23312100-1348552273_thumb.jp

Newly married couple...

post-6412-0-15624500-1348552297_thumb.jp post-6412-0-78075000-1348552316_thumb.jp

I got a bit confused here, was this the dance or the cuting of the cake?

post-6412-0-96640800-1348552550_thumb.jp

Now we cut the cake...

post-6412-0-01930800-1348552580_thumb.jp

Have a drink...

post-6412-0-69396000-1348552596_thumb.jp

Then the dance.....

post-6412-0-04561900-1348552640_thumb.jp

1....2....Skip a few...

The next morning....

post-6412-0-26326600-1348552666_thumb.jp

Great girl, Great day and Great memories.

Thanks for the indulgence!!

Looking forward to seeing and meeting some of you in Hawaii for the honeymoon in a few weeks time!!!!!

Cheers

Ben

:D

AWESOME and Congrats!

Zone 10a at best after 2007 AND 2013, on SW facing hill, 1 1/2 miles from coast in Oceanside, CA. 30-98 degrees, and 45-80deg. about 95% of the time.

"The great workman of nature is time."   ,  "Genius is nothing but a great aptitude for patience."

-George-Louis Leclerc de Buffon-

I do some experiments and learning in my garden with palms so you don't have to experience the pain! Look at my old threads to find various observations and tips!

Congratulations! Everything looked perfect and I wish you many years of happiness! My husband gave me the Biennial trip to Thailand as a 30th wedding anniversary present so start saving for trips now. No, you don't have to wait 30 years, only 2 for Miami in 2014...

Cindy Adair

Congrats! Another beautiful Benjamin in the clan. :wub: (My mom's a Benjamin)

"If you need me, I'll be outside" -Randy Wiesner Palm Beach County, Florida Zone 10Bish

happy occasions are ALWAYS appropriate!

Congratulations, and go forward with love . . .

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Congrats!! Marriage is awesome. Stay focused on eachother and treat her like a queen!

Grateful to have what I have, Les amis de mes amis sont mes amis!

Congratulations Ben! I hope the new Mrs Smith likes palms!

Daryl

Gold Coast, Queensland Latitude 28S. Mild, Humid Subtropical climate. Rainfall - not consistent enough!

Congrats Ben, a great setting, we had Kris from India post all his wedding ceremonial pics here, so you go ahead, the joy is shared well in PT.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Thanks everyone,

Rich I am a bit the same, was sort of putting it off but now very glad to have done it!

Harry, sorry no photos but I can tell you it was quite torturous for me... My mates had a great time though! A bucks / stag party ( or weekend as was my case) is certainly a good reason not to get married a second time!!!!!

Daryl, she is learning quite well and I wouldn't say she loves palms but she has no problem with my palm enthusiasm!!

Great stuff mate.....fantastic photos of a wonderful day in both of your lives........my wife although she can't understand nonetheless tolerates my addiction too !!

Andrew,
Airlie Beach, Whitsundays

Tropical Queensland

Congratulations. I had the good fortune of being married last year. It has been awesome. I wish you both all the best and hope you grow closer and closer as the years go by.

Start hinting now that you want a palm(s) for your first anniversary present. The traditional gift is paper and since paper originates from trees...

Cograts!! Your wife is beautiful, any thoughts of children in the future? Gotta have some little weed pullers for around the yard. :)

I wish you both all the very best, and thanks for sharing your special day with us all.

Jeff

Searle Brothers Nursery Inc.

and The Rainforest Collection.

Southwest Ranches,Fl.

• 2 years later...

I don't know how this happened but Renee and I are very happy to welcome our first born, Oliver Reuben into our lives...... Born October 2014.

post-6412-0-24685100-1415437891_thumb.jp

post-6412-0-58494300-1415438098_thumb.jp

I'm looking for seeds of slow growing sp. to grow with him. If anyone has any pseudophoenix eckmanii seeds or a similar slow grower I will gladly purchase available seeds!!

Hopefully a future palm nut??

Congratulations Mum and Dad, and a huge welcome master Oliver Reuben.

Happy Gardening

Cheers,

Wal

Queensland, Australia.

Congrats! We just had our 3rd 8 weeks ago, baby in the house really changes your life but having a family is great.

Corpus Christi, TX, near salt water, zone 9b/10a! Except when it isn't and everything gets nuked.

Congratulations!

John Case

Brentwood CA

Owner and curator of Hana Keu Garden

USDA Zone 9b more or less, Sunset Zone 14 in winter 9 in summer

"Its always exciting the first time you save the world. Its a real thrill!"

Congratulations!

Hmm. Watch little Ollie carefully around the seedling trays . . . . :)

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

Adorable! :) Congratulations!

Kim Cyr

Between the beach and the bays, Point Loma, San Diego, California USA
and on a 300 year-old lava flow, Pahoa, Hawaii, 1/4 mile from the 2018 flow
All characters  in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.