IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Foxy Lady seeds for sale- Wodveitchia hybrid

JD in the OC

We have a VERY limited number of Wodveitchia F1 seeds for sale. Harvested today. Cleaned and ready for sale domestic or international. Phyto available upon request. Price is $35/5seeds plus s/h. We guarantee these to be hybrids since we cross pollinated the mother tree ourselves. A few sample seeds were opened and contained embryos. We accept all forms of payment: check, money order, paypal, and all major credit cards.

You can view the process on a recent thread I made here: http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=33571&hl=wodveitchia

photo1_zps9dab345c.jpg

oliver,

this is our first batch. i don't believe they've been made manually here in the US before. they have been made in OZ. as I said above: "A few sample seeds were opened and contained embryos." we can't guarantee germination rate; but we can guarantee that any sprouters will be hybrids...

JD

sew now. standard Foxtail seed germinates better when fresh. (cocosoid seeds seem to germinate better after being stored at cooler temps for a bit.)

• 2 weeks later...

All packets have been sold. We will have a new batch available in about 6-8 weeks. PM me if you would like to reserve some ahead of time. Thanks..

JD

• 1 month later...

FRESH SEEDS NOW AVAILABLE:

We just harvested a new batch of seed on Monday (11/12/12). About 10 prepaid orders are going out tomorrow (Thurs), so if anyone is interested in FRESH seed, let me know. Price is $38/5 which includes s/h. Quantity is very limited.

________________________________________________________________________________

"got your seeds a few weeks ago (15). I soaked them in a seaweed fertilizer bath for 48 hrs and set them in individual pots, covered with foil, out in the full sun (has been 90+ every day since then pretty much. Today, I checked them and all the seeds are "locked" into the soil meaning they all have a root already. (100%) I am very surprised how fast that went - less than 1 month." -O (TX)

"all seeds germinated in about 5 weeks. 5 Foxy lady seeds thanks...for the quality seeds..." -S (CA)

• Upvote 1

The two "racing stripes" on each of these hybrid seeds are very pronounced in this batch. I presume it is part of the Veitchia genetics carrying on into the new hybrid seed. The seeds should be planted with the two racing stripes facing upwards.

photo21.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Any seeds available this year?

Modesto, CA USDA 9b

July/August average 95f/63f

Dec/Jan average 55f/39f

Average lowest winter temp 27f

Record low temp 18f

Record high temp 113f