IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

Copernicia baileyana in so cal

Stevetoad

Thanks @JubaeaMan138!

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

@aztropic would be the man to Verify my thoughts . Scott has helped me tremendously with copes. These guys can do great here if your in the right area . They need the heat . Orange County and coastal areas could grow then but I think they would be complete slugs out there . Mine that I have planted seem to get 2 to 3 leaves each summer .

Copernicia Gigas chugging right along . In my opinion the greenest and healthiest plant in my yard . Been in the ground little over a year .

F6C86533-0256-4084-8CFD-DE11670BA048.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JubaeaMan138 said:

@aztropic would be the man to Verify my thoughts . Scott has helped me tremendously with copes. These guys can do great here if your in the right area . They need the heat . Orange County and coastal areas could grow then but I think they would be complete slugs out there . Mine that I have planted seem to get 2 to 3 leaves each summer .

That's interesting. This one has been slow, but it's even in the shade of the spreading Alfie and Acrocomia.

Let's keep our forum fun and friendly.

Any data in this post is provided 'as is' and in no event shall I be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, damages resulting from accuracy or lack thereof, insult, or lost profits or revenue, claims by third parties or for other similar costs, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of my opinion or the use of this data. The accuracy or reliability of the data is not guaranteed or warranted in any way and I disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use, or inability to use my data. Other terms may apply.

This Copernicia was purchased from George Sparkman as Baileyana it’s finally growing out of its Florida leaves . 

DF2A23CF-1159-4E38-BAB3-B3CD2146B771.jpeg

3C2CF5EB-D02B-4B39-A2C2-A0E4ECC4E84C.jpeg

• Like 1

Here is the gigas before it got planted it took a beating when I first got it but now totally different looking plant 

DFD87069-FB8A-4F52-90EE-D4824ED24A96.jpeg

1 hour ago, JubaeaMan138 said:

Copernicia Gigas chugging right along . In my opinion the greenest and healthiest plant in my yard . Been in the ground little over a year .

F6C86533-0256-4084-8CFD-DE11670BA048.jpeg

Gigas is gonna be a monster someday! Looks extremely happy and well cared for. :)

aztropic

Mesa,Arizona

Mesa, Arizona

Temps between 29F and 115F each year

On 5/24/2020 at 1:13 PM, WaianaeCrider said:

The one WaianeaCrider posted looks like C. gigas to me, no? Or at least a hybrid gigas. Long petioles and the shape of the leaf...