IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

The Ultimate Palm Adventure

Hilo Jason

I should have mentioned earlier that at one point while we were at Jim Wright's garden that Jason made it clear to us (Chris, Luke and myself) that he would like to start this thread and that after he posted his photos he would welcome us to post our own commentary and photos. Jason planned and arranged the whole PRA, and he and his wife Virginia were even nice enough to let Luke and I stay at their house 2 evenings to make the trip easier on us. I'd like to post a few more photos, but do not want to be seen as hi-jacking Jason's thread. I just feel lucky that he invited me to participate. Thanks! Perry

Perry Glenn

SLO Palms

(805) 550-2708

http://www.slopalms.com

Thanks everyone for taking the time to post photos.

Len

Vista, CA (Zone 10a)

Shadowridge Area

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are."

-- Alfred Austin

Thanks Jason! Just a few more I'd like to add.

Here's Chris and Luke under a 'squatty' Jubaea at Mission bay. Also an Inflourescence beginning to form fruits.

post-1839-046117500 1339765215_thumb.jpgpost-1839-025283400 1339765254_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Perry Glenn

SLO Palms

(805) 550-2708

http://www.slopalms.com

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Not sure if I'd looked through these pictures before or not, but one of the best PRAs I've seen. Fantastic!

Wow! What a spectacular PRA. Do not know how I missed this and I also would have paid $ (struggled for purchase) for this vignette. California has many exquisite and elegant palms without humidity or mosquitos. Those hills appear far less flat than ours in Florida?

What you look for is what is looking

Good times. Before Chris or I had kids and we could just do random PRA's all the time!  Life is so much busier now!  

5 minutes ago, Fallbrook Jason said:

Good times. Before Chris or I had kids and we could just do random PRA's all the time!  Life is so much busier now!  

whoa!

how did I miss this amazing thread!!!!

That has to be one of the best garden in California. The rare factor is crazy good

Carlsbad, California Zone 10 B on the hill (402 ft. elevation)

Sunset zone 24

• 11 months later...
3 minutes ago, Matt in OC said:

Bummer. We lost all of Jason's pics :( 

Yeah, the loss of all the photo bucket pics is really irritating. Im really glad some people posted directly to the forum!

-Krishna

Kailua, Oahu HI. Near the beach but dry!

Still have a garden in Zone 9a Inland North Central Florida (Ocala)

Man that was a good time! Wonder if Jason still has those pictures saved somewhere. 

On 3/11/2017, 8:57:50, Hilo Jason said:

So true Jason! Can't remember the last time I went on a good PRA like that. Been too busy with kids and my own garden. Hopefully one of these days I can get out and visit some cool gardens.

3 hours ago, Matt in OC said:

Bummer. We lost all of Jason's pics :( 

Oh man, this is the first I've seen of this!  I just logged into my photobucket (hadn't in years) and all the photos are still there and it's only showing my account as having 3% usage.  So there should be plenty of space.  

Is there an issue now with Palm Talk showing those 3rd party hosted issues?  Is this same problem happening on other threads right now? 

Years ago I preferred Photobucket as it displayed the pictures much nicer here on Palm Talk.  But in recent years, Palm Talk has really improved and I've posted all photos directly onto Palm Talk.  But this is a great thread and I would hate to lose the images.  

Photobucket no longer supports hosting on other websites unless you pay a ridiculous yearly fee

-Krishna

Kailua, Oahu HI. Near the beach but dry!

Still have a garden in Zone 9a Inland North Central Florida (Ocala)

3 minutes ago, krishnaraoji88 said:

Photobucket no longer supports hosting on other websites unless you pay a ridiculous yearly fee

I actually just figured out a fix, and it doesn't involve paying!  

If anyone sees this and has the same problem, check out this YouTube link.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IKpfgteV6M 

As you can now see on this thread, all photos are back up! 

• 4 years later...

Wow I can't believe this was 10 years ago! Still probably one of the most epic palm tours I ever went on.  I would love to get another tour together someday like that.