IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

New palms

DALION

I'm back from my trip to Tampa. Who knew visiting two 90+ old people could wear you out. Well, while there I had the priviledge of attending the CFPACS meeting and garden tours. At the home and garden of Mike Evans (I hope everyone saw the pics of that amazing garden) there was a palm auction and plant sale. Here are the new additions to the So Cal West Coast from the Florida West Coast.

Here are the three Pseudophoenix sargentii and a partial view of the Coccothrinax cupularis. all have been potted up from 3 gallon pots.

post-1262-038298400 1333760961_thumb.jpg

The other two palms I purchased are from the auction that went on after the garden tour. Two Foxy Lady palms.

post-1262-001186200 1333760977_thumb.jpg

I wish I could have purchased more and larger palms but transporting palms from Florida to California isn't an easy task. I did try to get some zamias but did not get an answer back from the seller.

Am curious how you transported your Florida palms into California? Did you fly? Drive? I have a son living in Sonoma County north of San Francisco and would like to carry/send palms to him when I visit .... but am afraid of having them confiscated en route. I live in SW Florida and saw you score some very nice plants at the CFP&CS meeting/Mike Evans' fantastic garden.

So how did you carry those palms?

Lucinda